All She Wants

Chapter 1

“Where is she?” Drusilla was searching through various boxes lying about her as she spoke. Things were tossed aside and littered the small apartment. The splash of colour from clothes and other items were welcome against the drab grey walls. “She is very naughty to run off this way and I shall have to think of a punishment.”

“Who?” Clem asked as he rung his hands in desperation. The demons ears flickered slightly as he nervously watched the vampire. She was losing it even more so than normal and that scared the timid demon. He had agreed to keep an eye on Drusilla when Spike had asked because Spike was a friend and Clem prided himself on loyalty. Right now though his promises were stretched to breaking point. Drusilla went from sitting and silently staring at nothing to a wild frenzy of activity such as he was seeing now. “Who has run off?”

Drusilla sighed and rolled her eyes. “Why, Miss Edith of course.” Drusilla returned to her task of searching. “I need her with me by my side because she can protect me and I can be a Mummy again!”

Clem’s ears flexed showing his deep confusion. “Miss Edith?” he questioned. When on Earth had this vampire been a mother? He knew that he should report the whole thing to Spike but then would the other vampire even care? Look where he was now, fighting the good fight, and he had been tainted with a soul. Clem sighed and tentatively stepped into the room to place a hand on Drusilla’s arm. “Dru it was Darla who had the baby and not you.”

“Miss Edith is not a baby!” Drusilla growled, “She is as old as the moon and wise despite remaining innocent due to the blindfold I made her wear. That made her unique as she spoke and told me what to do. Her voice is silent now and I need direction.”

When she mentioned the blindfold it rang a bell inside Clem’s head. “Miss Edith is your dolly?” he asked as he tried to think back to when he had last seen the porcelain doll. It had been years he was sure of it. He frowned then as he could only remember seeing it when Spike and Drusilla had first arrived in Sunnydale. “When did you misplace Miss Edith?” he asked her and was surprised when she crumpled beside him and ended up kneeling on the floor. Clem knelt beside her and moved his hand from her arm to her back. “Dru?”

“I don’t know when she went from me,” she snivelled. “I just know that her voice has gone silent in my heed and I need her direction so.” Drusilla sighed and put her head in her hands. “That silvery voice has faded right when I need it most.”

“Why would you need direction love?” Clem asked softly. “I mean, I am here and here you can do as you heart desires. My heart desires kittens but that is a whole other story. Point is I am not going to stop you from doing whatever it is you need to do.”

“Kittens are furry bags of blood. The innocence of Miss Edith is there but they have the tint of temptation. Besides they have so little blood and they squeak so badly when you bite.” Clem was staring at her horrified to discover she had been eating his kittens. He would never harm a kitten but it seemed that his care was placing the small bundles of fur in danger. Drusilla continued without noticing the demon stiffen, “A kitten would never be able to direct me as beside that squeak they have no voice.”

“My kittens… My beautiful kittens…” Clem stammered as he lifted his hand from Drusilla’s back and stood. “How could you?”

“Hungry,” she stated simply.

“But they were mine and… Oh God!” Clem stepped back and raised his hands to his mouth as he looked down on Drusilla. She didn’t move from her position of crouched on the floor with her head in her hands. “Kittens Dru, they were only kittens.”

“That’s why they were no satisfaction,” Drusilla said as if she was a parent explaining the fact to a child. “Well, that and that terrible squeaking.” She lifted her head and gazed at him. “Nothing is truly yours Clement. Only feelings and thoughts. Things you love will all run off and leave you in the end.”

This was the first indication that Clem had that she wasn’t just thinking of her doll. Spike had run as had Angel and Darla leaving the girl all alone. Briefly he saw the lost girl who was losing her family and friends through the taunting of Angelus. Briefly as he soon refocused and saw only the kitten killer. He shook his head to try and rid himself of the vision. “Dru, what is it you need direction for?” he asked the question again.

“Oh, only everything!” Drusilla snapped. “I act as I am told and there have always been voices to help only now my head is silent. Miss Edith had a specific role though and that’s why I need her now!”

“What is her role?” Clem asked. Although to be honest he was a bit concerned about what her reply was going to be. Drusilla didn’t verbally reply though she just pointed to the other side of the bed. He edged round and his eye’s widened in horror when he saw a young teenage boy tied and lying on the floor. The boy’s eye’s pleaded with Clem for help; the gag he was wearing prevented anything but a silent plea. “Dru…” Clem backed away as his voice tailed off.

“She should tell me what to do now.” Drusilla pouted and folded her arms. “I just don’t know what to do and the voice has deserted me.” She crossed and knelt by the terrified boy. “Oh hush now little one, your time is yet to come.” She soothingly stroked his head before grabbing a handful and yanking his head back. “Miss Edith needs to hurry back as I hunger so.”

Clem was at a loss right then and that’s when he made the decision. He needed Spike… well he didn’t personally but Drusilla certainly did. He watched her tormenting the boy for a while before he backed away unnoticed by the two. Clem fished his mobile from his pocket and dialled the number. He hoped the vampire would help although as he waited for a reply a part of him feared he wouldn’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
New one and lets enter the Buffy-verse
Comments/Subscriptions are love