All She Wants

Chapter 3

Angel pulled up the car smoothly and he turned to Spike. Spike had been silent for the entire journey and had just sat and cradled Miss Edith. Usually Angel would have been grateful for the peace but right now he felt a kind of pity for Spike. Much as Angel hated to admit it Spike had been right about Darla. Darla pretty much had tempted him back to the dark side and if the sex had killed the soul he would have remained there. However in that moment he had seen what he should do in such a flash. Angel was hoping that the same would happen for Spike. If he was tempted back too much the team back in Los Angeles were on stand by to intervene. “Ready?” He asked.

“Do I have a choice?” Spike snapped as he raised his eye’s to meet Angel’s. He would never admit it but right now he was scared. Drusilla had been his world but his world was changed now and he had no idea where that left the vampire. “Let’s just give her the doll and go, yeah?”

“We didn’t come all this way to act as postmen,” Angel said. “Spike you knew you would have to face hr sooner or later didn’t you?”

“I was hoping for later,” Spike muttered darkly. “Or never. Yeah never works for me so why don’t you deliver the bloody doll?” Spike threw the doll at Angel and folded his arms. “You deliver it and face your demon!”

“Drusilla is not my demon… well, technically she is mine but… oh, you know what I mean.” Angel got out of the car into the chill night air. “Look don’t put this off, it will only get harder the longer you leave it. Come on Spike, you have back-up behind you right now and nobody can tell what the future holds.”

“Oh, bloody hell!” Spike got out of the car and snatched back the doll. “If this all goes wrong just know this is your fault.” He walked up the path and knocked on the door. His mouth went dry and if Angel hadn’t put his hand on Spike’s shoulder he would have bolted. He really didn’t want to do this.

Clem answered the door and smiled at his friend and held out a hand for Angel to shake. “Thanks for coming,” he said gratefully. “I am worried Spike, you know I would not have called you if it wasn’t serious don’t you?”

“I know,” Spike said. He did know that but he still didn’t want to be there. Well, he did which was the strangest feeling. He wanted to see Drusilla; yearned for it on some level so he sighed and gripped the doll. “Well, here is Miss Edith so where is Dru?”

“Just through there.” Clem pointed though a door inside the house and stepped aside to let the vampire’s in. “The boy is upstairs and honestly I don’t know what to do. I mean she has to eat I know she does but… Well, you need to make that decision and not me.”

Angel put a hand on Clem’s shoulder. “We will sort it out, don’t worry about it.”

“She told me she has been eating my kittens. Please stop her doing that because I’d rather she fed on that boy than my babies.”

“We will stop her Clem.” Angel looked at Spike who just shrugged in a defeated manner. “Go on then, in you go Spike.”

Spike took a deep breath and he plastered a smile on his face. He walked through the door and spotted Drusilla lying on the floor. “Hi pet,” he greeted her warmly. “What are you up to?”

“Waiting for her,” Drusilla replied without moving.

“The smile for me love because I come bearing gifts.” He crossed to her and knelt by her side. Spike dangled Miss Edith in front of her listless gaze noticing how pale and fragile she seemed. “Look what I have for you!”

“Miss Edith!” she squealed in delight as she grabbed the doll. “Has my Spike been hiding her from me? Bad Spike stopping me feeding like that. Just because you are scarred with a soul you shouldn’t let me starve!”

“Blame your Daddy for that one pet,” Spike said as he folded his arms. “I don’t want you to starve although I don’t share your blood thirsty passion.”

Drusilla turned to look at Spike. “I guess this goody bit is a family trait. Daddy, you and even the sacrificial lamb that was Darla.” She sighed and returned to gaze upwards. “I prefer the darkness.”

“I know you do love and I am not here to change you.”

“No, you are here to desert me again and you know it!”

“You can’t be with me and be who you want to be,” Spike said. “I wish there was a way but there is no way I can see. Besides I never deserted you but left you with Clem.”

“Why do you torment me so?”

“Huh?”

“Come and go like this. Return to me and the moon that calls for its Spike. The moon calls so prettily, why do you refuse her? Why do you refuse me right when I need you the most?” She turned her head. “I sicken so my eternal love and I need you so much!”