All She Wants

Chapter 6

Drusilla sat on the floor with people around. All had been bitten and some were torn by those sharp nails of hers. Some were unconscious and some were staring at her in shock or horror, it was hard to tell which. None of the intended victims were dead though not that Angel took much notice as he made his way towards her. He wordlessly knelt before her and she looked up, here face streaked with tears. “ I tried to do what she said but each was wrong and I can’t find the fount she desired.”

Angel noticed the doll and picked it up. “Dru, honey did she tell you what was wrong?”

Drusilla shook her head. “I tried to follow her directions but the blood was just bad. I displeased her I am sure and now she is punishing me by stopping me from feeding.”

“You need to speak to Spike as he is your problem right now.” Angel cradled the doll for a moment. “Miss Edith tells me that she doesn’t want you to starve. If you come with me we can extract Spike and then you can feed.”

“Kill me!”

“Dru once he is out we can..”

“That’s how to get him out,” she protested as she shook her head. “He is attached to me now and I wanted him to dance inside in the moonlight. When he knew himself once more I was going to set him free.” She lifted her long dress to reveal a stake tucked inside her boot. “Darla made a sacrifice to the sun and mine was destined for the moon.”

“There must be another way because you took more of him than you intended.” Angel bit his lip and glanced at Clem administering first aid. Clem was encouraging the walking wounded to help and so Drusilla was no longer the focus of attention. Angel looked back at his creation and sighed. “Dru, you took Spike’s soul and that’s why you can’t feed.”

“Death was meant to strip that,” she said honestly. “Why does everything go wrong for me?”

“Spike got his soul from a demon so it is probably fixed differently. Now, come with us and we will get him out of you, all right?” Angel held out his hand and watched as Drusilla shuddered and closed her eyes. As she began muttering he realised she was talking to Spike so he scooped her up in his arms and took her to the car. “I’ll be as quick as I can,” he told whichever vampire was listening before calling Clem and getting behind the wheel.

The car spun round and sped off as Clem got on the phone again. Clem was telling Wesley about Drusilla’s plan of sacrifices when she began shrieking. “No! I won’t listen to your lies Spike!” She began thrashing about. “Let go of me!”

Clem tossed the phone aside as he turned. “Dru calm it down sweetie and talk to me instead of Spike, will that help you any?” Drusilla nodded and relaxed as she fixed her gaze on the demon before her. “Now, we are on our way to see Wesley and he is confident that we can separate the two of you and then you can come home. With Miss Edith by your side what can possibly go wrong?”

“Miss Edith tells me what to do.”

“Yes,” Clem smiled as he spoke.

Drusilla smiled back. “She speaks and I listen and right now she wants me to…” Quick as a flash Drusilla pulled out the stake and aimed it at her chest. “She wants me to save my love in the only way I can!”

Despite all the cries of protest Drusilla gave a final cry before the car was filled with dust. Angel swerved to the side of the road and stopped. He got out a heard saw Spikes body open his eyes on the back seat. He watched as Spike turned to see the dust beside him and as the other vampire started to cry. Helplessly he got back in the car and turned in his seat. He reached and placed a hand on Spike’s shoulder; he wanted to speak but no words could be said right now.

“She said I lied about loving her but that was never a lie.” Spike licked his hand to ingest some dust before blowing the rest from the car as he opened the door. “Rest easy love,” he mumbled as he cradled the doll he would always keep. “Let’s take Clem home,” he said after a pause. “I told you we should never have gone to see her.”

**END**