Status: finished

What is Destiny Going to Do With Us?

First Date?

I was Laing on my bed, waiting for him to pick me up. We were going to dinner; it was the first time I hung out with him.
I don’t know why I accepted going on a date with Garret Nicklesen. We hate each other. But the thing was that we made a bet with pat. Why? Because I’m stupid, and really sure I was going to win. For my surprise, I didn’t.
That was the reason why I was here now, on my room, waiting for garret.

My phone went off, making me jump a little.
It was pat.
“Sup’ pat?”
“Hi Claire. I just talked with Garret; he’s just about to arrive to your house.” He said.
“And why are you telling me this, and not him?” I asked sharply.
I loved pat, but I was mad for having to do this. And I was pretty sure garret was feeling the same.

“I don’t know. He just called me. I think he doesn’t have your number. Maybe that’s why.”
“Okay.” I heard a car outside, so I stood up, peeking through the window. It was garret’s car.
“I think he’s here. Talk to you later patty.”
“Okay. Bye and good luck.” He said. I could feel the evil smile that was forming on his face.
“Yeah, thanks pat.” I hung up, and went downstairs.
The doorbell rang. I walked towards the door, and opened it, revealing a handsome garret. I hate him, but I must admit he’s good looking.
He looked at me, and smiled weakly. I returned the smile.
“Hi. Ready?” he asked.
He was uncomfortable too. It was a fact.
“Yeah, sure.” I took my purse, and then we walked to his car. He opened the door for me, then going to the driver’s seat.

“So.” He said.
“So.”
“What’s up?”
“Not much. What about you?” this was really awkward. Neither him, nor me wanted to be right here.
“I’m fine…can I ask you something?”
“Sure.”
“You’re not comfortable in this moment right?” he looked at me. I looked at the front.
“Not really. I think it was stupid from our part to accept that bet with pat. I mean, we’re not that much of good friends. I guess you don’t wanna be here either.” I told him.
“Not exactly because of you, but no, I don’t want to. We could both be at our homes, doing something else, but no one told you to accept the bet. It was you, and now you’re doing something you don’t want to.” I narrowed my eyes.
“What?! You also accepted it, so it wasn’t just my fault. And please don’t hide it Nicklesen, I know you don’t like me either, so it’s also because of me you don’t want to be here.” I spat.
Garret and I couldn’t have a normal chat without ending on a fight.
“Why do you have to be so sensible? God, girls are complicated but you’re an extreme case…” he said the last part mostly to himself.
“Pardon me?” I said irritated.
“Forget it. Let’s just go to eat something and we’re done, don’t worry.”
“Yeah, thanks god, I can’t wait.” I said sarcastically.
This night was going to be hell.
We got to the restaurant, none of us even looking at each other. We sat down at a table, waiting for the waitress to get our orders.
“What are you getting?” he finally spoke.
I saw he had softened a little.
“I don’t know,” I said looking at my menu. “Maybe a Caesar salad.”
The waitress came. “What can I get you, kids?”
“I want a normal coke, and the chicken wings, please.” He said.
“Make those two cokes, and a Caesar salad.” I smiled at her. She wrote it down, and then left.

My phone vibrate, it was a message from Addison, my best friend.
‘Hi, how’s it going with garret?’ I began typing back.
‘Completely awful…tell you everything later.’
“What you’re doing is not too polite, you know?” garret told me.
I raised my gaze.

“We’re not even talking. Besides, it was a message, I had to answer it.” I rolled my eyes.
Why couldn’t we have a normal conversation without fighting?
“You could’ve answered it later.”
“But then, you would’ve told me exactly the same later.” I replied. “If you want, I can show you the message if that’s the problem!”
“That’s not the point! Why are you so mad at me?” he asked irritated.
“I’m not mad at you. You’re the one who’s fighting alone!”
“That’s not true, and you know it! I just told you that you weren’t being polite, and then you began fighting with me.” Now he was angry.
“Urgh, Okay stop it!” I shouted.

The waitress came with our food, leaving it on the table.
We ate in silence; I just won’t look at him the rest of the dinner.
Garret ordered the bill, and then we left.
The way back to my house was also pretty quiet, none of us looking at each other.
“Thanks for the dinner…” I told him before getting out of the car.
“Hey, Claire.” He said before I close the door.
“What?”
“Sorry for…what happened tonight…” he said softly, scratching the back of his head. I think more than him being mean, it was me the one who really fought alone. He was right. But I knew we weren’t going to stop fighting.
“Yeah, no problem.” I smiled. “Bye.”
“Bye.”
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy!