Status: finished

What is Destiny Going to Do With Us?

That Would Be a Good Place to Start

“I’m home!” I said while closing my house’s front door.
My mom came out from the kitchen. She didn’t look happy.
“Claire Allison Hansen! Where were you?!” she said really annoyed.
“At school. Sorry I forgot to call you.” I said simply. “Hi pumpkin! How’s my little girl?” I kneeled down, hugging my Siberian dog. My mom really looked pissed.

“Why did you have to stay?” she asked.
“A little problem with Garrett. Now we have to stay after school everyday.”
My mom sighed.
“Oh Claire, why do you hate that guy so badly?”
“I don’t. Is him the one who hates me!” lie. “I’m going out for a while, I’m taking pumpkin with me.” I opened the door. “C’mon pumpkin, let’s go... Bye mom.”
“Bye. Please don’t come back too late.”
“Yes mom.” I took pumpkin’s rubber bone, and left.

We arrived to the park near my house, and I began playing with her, throwing the bone a couple of times.
I threw it again, but this time, she didn’t come back so I went to see what had happened.
Another dog had her toy. A very familiar dog.

“Cosmo!” someone screamed. It was now obvious it was pat.
“Hey, that’s not yours. Release it Cosmo.” he took the toy from Cosmo’s mouth.
“Hey patty.” I finally spoke.
He looked at me.
“Oh, hi Claire. Is it yours?” he asked pointing at the bone.
“Uh, it’s pumpkin’s. You can give it to her.” I said. Pat threw the toy, pumpkin running after it.
“Hi Cosmo!” I began stroking his soft fur.
“How did it go with Garrett?” he asked.
“Urgh, awful.” I rolled my eyes.
“Why?”
I sighed heavily.
“Story of my life.”
“C’mon lets seat and tell patty all your problems.” He smiled. I chuckled.
We sat down at a bench, watching the dogs play.

“He did it again.” I whispered.
“What did he do again?”
“I don’t know. Maybe kiss me?” I said sarcastically.
“Again?”
“Yeah! But the worst part was that I kissed him back.” I whined.
He sighed. “Claire, I know you’re not gonna like what I’m going to say but you love him too.”
I looked at my legs.
“I just…don’t know.” I said lowly.
“Claire, I know that you know it’s true. You just don’t want to admit it because is Garrett, and you don’t want him to be the one who’s right.” Pat hit right on the spot.
It wasn’t worth to keep lying.
“Okay, I admit it. You’re right, I love garret okay?” I said irritated, putting my knees to my chest hugging them. Pat hugged me.
“Don’t worry cricket. Besides, it could be a good thing. Garret is a nice person; you just need to give him the chance.” He said hopeful.
“He’s nice with everyone but me.” I said rolling my eyes.
“Are you retarded or what?”
“Pardon me?”
“He’s acting like that because he doesn’t want you to know he likes you!” Pat said.
“Yeah pat. And that’s why he kisses me every time he finds the opportunity.” I replied.
“Then he’s showing you he likes you too.”
“Pat guys our age aren’t that complicated.” I replied again.
“He’s being very clear, cricket.”
“No he’s not!” I argued, he rolled his eyes annoyed with my stubbornness. “ok, so lets say he’s not being confusing… what am I supposed to do? Go kiss him?” I said challenging. He chuckled.
“That would be a good place to start.”
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy!