Why Does The Dream End?

Number 19

Megan's POV

The rest of the day I stopped thinking about my thoughts from earlier. I enjoyed being with Joe and he enjoyed being with me. We had lunch in the museum cafe and managed to get round the museum by 5 p.m. We then all got into a taxi and went back to the hotel. We went in the main entrance, after checking that there was no one around. Joe led me to our room and Nick and Kevin didn't say anything as they went to their room. We went and sat on the edge of the bed and Joe put his fingertips on my chin and lifted my face to look at his. "I don’t like you being upset," he said softly as he gazed into my eyes. I smiled and moved into his arms and hugged him. He kissed my forehead and I sighed. I pulled back again and looked at the floor.
"I feel so stupid," I said softly. "I don’t know why I even thought what I did..."
"Please tell me," he said softly and I looked at him.
"I...um..." I bit my lip and nodded. I looked down again when I started to speak. "I'm not anything special. I'm not a singer, an actress, a model. I'm no body. I guess I was worried that I was just like all you other fans, I just blended in because there's nothing about me which stands out. How could you like me if I'm like all those girls from this morning, screaming for you? What if...I don’t have any idea what I'm going to do with my life, but you do, you're already doing it... What if I just get in the way?"
"Megan," he whispered and I lifted my gaze to his. "You are the most special person in the world to me. If you were in a crowd of a hundred people you would stand out. You're nothing like those girls from this morning, even Nick and Kevin could tell you that. I like you because you don’t treat me like that; you treat me like the normal guy that I am. And no matter what you do in the future, you're going to be with me. I want you to be with me; you could never be in the way." I smiled at him softly and blinked away the tears that had suddenly clouded my eyes.
"So...you don’t think of me as just a fan?" I asked softly and he smiled and shook his head.
"You're so much more to me," he said and stroked my cheek gently. I smiled.
"I'm sorry, I just...once I started thinking I couldn’t-" I said but Joe stopped me by kissing me tenderly.
"You don’t need to apologise," he said softly against my lips. "You know you can talk to me about anything, right?" I looked into his deep, warm brown eyes and nodded.
"I know," I whispered and then leant forward and kissed him. It was at that moment I knew Joe and I would be okay. No matter what happens in the future, if I never even saw him again after this summer, I knew I would always love him, and he would always love me. He belonged to me, just as I was his. I could never love anyone else.

About 10 minutes later Joe smiled at me and said, "dinner?" I smiled and nodded and Joe went to the phone to call Nick and Kevin. "Hey," he said. "Yeah, fine. We're going down to eat. You coming?" There was a pause and Joe smiled slightly. "No, it's ok, yeah, ok, see you in a minute." He hung up and came back and sat next to me. "They're coming here in a sec." I nodded and smiled at Joe. I couldn’t seem to take my eyes away from him for very long. "You alright?" he asked and I grinned.
"I'm perfect," I said and kissed him deeply. Joe pulled back when there was a knock on the door and he grinned at me.
"Yes you are," he said and I blushed and stood up with him. Nick and Kevin were at the door and they glanced at me. I smiled at them and they sensed I was no longer upset and they smiled back. We went downstairs and into the restaurant and I sat next to Joe. He put his hand on my thigh under the table and traced his fingers along the hem of my shorts, making me shiver slightly. We ate casually and the atmosphere was relaxed. I smiled all throughout the evening, thinking how amazing it was that Joe, Nick and Kevin could make me feel so comfortable.

We all went back to our room after eating and Nick put Shrek on and we all lay on the bed alongside each other and watched it. I lay in between Joe and Nick and Joe put his arm around my waist and kissed my shoulder occasionally. When the film finished Nick and Kevin stood up to leave. Joe and I stood as well but Kevin took my arm and pulled me to the side. "What is it?" I asked him.
"About earlier," he said softly. I glanced over at Joe who was watching us. "Joe was really worried about you..."
"I know..." I said softly and looked away from him.
"You aren't...I mean, please don’t take this the wrong way, but..." he struggled for what he wanted to say and I frowned slightly.
"Just say it, Kevin," I said and he sighed and nodded.
"I don’t want Joe to get hurt," he said. "You aren’t just...using him...right?" I stared at him, unable to reply. "I mean, you aren’t just trying to get a famous boyfriend. Because Joe really likes you and it would kill him if you were..." I took a step away from him, hurt.
"I would never..." I said softly and Kevin nodded and started to walk passed me. I took hold of his arm and moved closer and whispered to him, "I love him. I would die before I hurt him." He didn't look back at me, just walked through the open door. Joe shut the door behind him and then came over to me.
"What was that?" he asked and I smiled and shook my head.
"Nothing," I smiled and Joe frowned slightly. "Really." His frown stayed in place but he smiled and nodded.

I sat down on the bed again and flopped down onto my back and I sighed as I closed my eyes. I ignored all of Kevin's comments because I knew they were all wrong. If Joe was poor and not famous, I would still love him. I felt the bed sink as Joe sat down next to me. He gently brushed my hair out of my face and then traced his thumb over my lips.
"You're so beautiful," he said and I smiled. I felt his lips on mine then and I put my hand on his cheek as I kissed him back. He lay over me and we were in a similar position to the one we had been in this morning. His hands were suddenly under my top and mine were suddenly under his on his chest. I pulled my mouth away from his, gasping.
"We should stop," I gasped but Joe kissed my neck, ignoring me. I let it continue for a while but then I put my hands on his chest and pushed him off and onto the bed next to me. "Joe," I whispered and he smiled.
"I don’t want to stop," he said, his voice low.
"But we have to," I said, even while every cell in my body was telling me just to kiss him again. "Remember this morning?" He grinned at me and my stomach tightened.
"I do," he smiled but then lay on his back and looked at the ceiling. I watched him as his breathing slowed down and finally I sat up.
"I'm going to get changed," I said and went into the bathroom with my shorts and vest.

When I came back out Joe was taking his jeans off and then standing in just his boxers. I quickly took my eyes away from him and looked at the bed. I went and sat cross legged on the covers and couldn’t help but watch him. I let my eyes travel all over his body and I didn't care that he'd noticed. I looked up into his brown eyes and he smiled. He came over to me and sat next to me, his thigh rubbing against mine. I looked up at him and saw the fire in his eyes. "Joe," I sighed as I pulled away from him. He didn't let me get far before he grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him tightly and kissed me passionately. I kissed him back, longer than I should, but then finally got control and pulled away. "We should...go to sleep," I said as I bit my lip and caught my breath. Joe didn't say anything just pulled me against him and fell back onto the pillows. I laughed and moved closer to him and rested my head on his chest. He kissed my temple softly and then sighed and reached over and turned the light off. He wrapped his arms around me tightly and I soon fell asleep to the rhythm of Joe's breathing.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment?