Why Does The Dream End?

Number 25

When I woke up Meg was still asleep, a look of absolute calm on her beautiful face. I smiled and kissed her lips tenderly. I pulled back and her lips were curled in a small smile, but she was still asleep. I smiled at her and then relaxed onto the bed again and waited for her to wake up. About 15 minutes later she stirred and I smiled and she snuggled into my chest as she had done before. It was a sign that she wasn’t ready to wake up. I cupped the back of her head and held her to me and she stopped wriggling and sighed. She had tangled her legs with mine and so now one of my legs was in between hers and my heart rate sped up. I had to wake her up. I pulled back and she frowned and moaned and I felt my chest constrict. She had to stop doing these things to me... I kissed her lips again but more passionately this time and whispered, "Megan." She sighed and then opened her eyes and met my gaze. She smiled at me and then she felt where my thigh was pressing against and immediately pulled away, her face flushing hugely.
"Um..." she said, embarrassed.
"What are we doing today?" I asked her, to avoid her having to say anything. She turned to me and smiled gratefully before giving the answer that I didn't really need.
"Beach," she smiled. She stood up and after a second, she went to the window and looked out. "It's going to rain," she said and I frowned and went and stood behind her.
"What are you talking about? It's blue skies to the horizon..." I said as I wrapped my arms around her waist. She twisted in my arms and looked up at me.
"£5 says it rains today," she said.
"£5?" I asked and looked out of the window again. "Let's make it interesting, shall we?" She raised an eye brow in interest.
"How interesting?" she asked as she took a step back and looked into my eyes, causing my hands to fall to my sides.
"If I win," I said and my heart raced in my chest as I spoke. "You have to take your top off for me..." She blushed but didn't instantly say no. She spoke after a short moment of consideration.
"Bra or no bra?" she asked and my stomach tensed. I looked into her eyes as I answered.
"No bra," I whispered and she smirked.
"If I win," she said and let her eyes travel down my body. For a heart stopping moment I thought she was going to say I would have to drop my pants for her. "You have to come to the beach with me in the rain..." She met my gaze and smirked slightly, probably knowing what I had been expecting her to ask. And, I admit, I was disappointed that she hadn’t asked for the equal as to what I asked of her. "Deal?" she asked. I looked at her, she was extremely confident. She would no way agree to this unless she was 100% certain she was right. But what did I have to lose? £5 and a dry evening...? She had much more to lose...
"Deal," I said and shook her hand and she grinned. She then pulled me closer to her and whispered in my ear.
"I'm going to make you pay, for making those stakes," she said, her lips brushing my ear.
"You could have asked for something along the same lines from me..." I said calmly, but inside, I was anything but calm. My heart was racing and my stomach was tying itself in knots. I heard Megan's breath fast and deep next to my ear and I grabbed her shoulders and pulled her mouth up to mine, unable to stop myself for any longer. She kissed me back just as passionately and I pushed her back up against the wall. She broke the kiss, gasping for air, but I didn't want to stop and I lowered my lips to her neck and sucked on her delicious skin gently. She gasped as I bit her and I moved back up and kissed her deeply. I picked her up so her face was in line with mine and she wrapped her legs around my waist. I moved my hands to her thighs and stroked up and down, occasionally going under the hem of her shorts. She didn't care. She knotted her fingers in my hair, holding me to her and I moved my hand under her shorts and cupped her ass.
"Joe," she rasped, tearing her mouth away from mine. I wasn’t ready to stop, even though I knew I should take that as a sign that I should. Instead, I latched my mouth back onto hers and she moaned softly. A voice in my head screamed at me to continue, but I knew I had to pull away otherwise I would take this too far.

I lowered her back down and quickly took 3 steps away and looked down at Megan, her lips bright red, her cheeks flushed, her eyes bright. She had never looked more beautiful. I took another step backwards to stop myself from starting again. She licked her lips and took a deep breath. I turned my back on her, turning away from the temptation. "I'll...go get dressed," she quietly. It confused me that she sounded...upset. I turned round to ask her but she had already gone. Maybe she was disappointed that I wouldn’t go further with her. I quickly took a deep breath and then got dressed.

She came back into the room a short while later and avoided looking at me. "Meg, what is it?"
"Nothing," she frowned, as though she couldn’t understand herself what she was upset about. "I...I just..."
"Meg," I said and I walked over to her and put my hand on her cheek and tilted her head up to look into my eyes. "I pulled away like that because I knew I wouldn’t be able to stop if I'd let it go any further. And the last thing I want is to make love to you for the first time against a wall." She gazed into my eyes and then finally smiled and moved into my arms and I wrapped my arms around her and held her to my chest tightly.
"I'm sorry," she said softly. "It's just...the way you pulled away I thought..."
"Kissing you, being with you, is the best thing in my world. You're perfect; I wouldn’t pull away because of you. I can't control myself with you," I said, embarrassing myself slightly, but I didn't care. I felt her smile against my chest and I smiled as well. She leant up then and kissed me gently and then leant her forehead against mine.
"We should go," she whispered and I nodded.

We got to the beach about 15 minutes later, before Nick and Kevin had arrived and we lay our towels out and lay on our backs. A couple minutes later I took a deep breath and then leant up on my elbows and looked down at her. She smiled at me. "Meg," I said softly but once again I was interrupted from telling her I loved her. This time by my brothers.
"Hey," Kevin said, sitting on the sand next to me. I pulled away from Megan, sighing and looked at him. I rolled my eyes at him and he smirked at me. "Am I interrupting?" he asked and I glared at him before sighing and shaking my head.
"We wouldn’t want to interrupt," Nick added and I glared at him as well. It was one thing to get teased my Kevin who was older and so allowed to make fun of me, but Nick was 3 years younger than me... That just wasn’t right...
"Do you want to go for a swim?" Megan asked me and I grinned and nodded. I stood up and pulled my shirt off and she took her shorts off, leaving her in a black bikini. I swallowed hard and looked away from her.

We spent all day at the beach and I couldn’t help but point out that it wasn’t raining yet. She just smiled at me and said, "Just you wait." I kissed her, tasting salt from the sea, but I didn't care. When the alarm on her phone went off at 7 o'clock as usual I walked her home. At her gate she turned and grinned at me. "You do know that when I said today I meant until midnight, right?" she asked and I smirked and let my eyes travel down to her bikini top and then back up.
"Sure," I said and she blushed slightly.
"I'll see you when it gets dark," she said and turned away. I grabbed her arm and pulled her back to me.
"Say goodbye properly," I told her and she grinned and went up on tip toe and kissed me lovingly. I held her to me, not letting her go.
"Joe," she whispered against my lips and I let her go.
"I'll see you later," I said softly and she smiled and nodded and then went inside. I wondered if she was panicking that she was going to lose the bet...