We Gamble With Desire

Chapter 4

Image

I picked up my bags from the floor next to me and I pushed my way through the crowds of people to try and find a familiar face. My heels quietly clicked on the floor as I carried my suitcases. I put them down for a second and looked around. I checked my phone anxiously for the time, then looked back up again. I sighed and picked my bags back up.

As the crowds cleared, I saw a mismatched group of guys stood near the doors. I smiled and walked over to them. A few of them looked up as I walked over and smiled at me. Gabe, William, Travis, Andy, Pete and Patrick all stood there looking around. Like me they donned sunglasses on their faces. Pete, Gabe and Travis all had their hoods up. I snorted as I looked at them.

"Well, I hope you all aren't here to meet me," I said as I approached them, Pete, William, Joe and Andy all looked round and smiled. "I mean, why I would want to be seen with you,"

"Well, hello to you too little sister," Andy said hugging me.

"Are you all just going to stand there or hug me?" I asked as Andy let me go.

"I'm going to stand here," William said shrugging his shoulders, he smiled then walked over and wrapped his long arms around me. He let go and held me at arms length. "How the hell do you travel across the country and still look amazing?" I shrugged then smiled at him.

"Come on, we need to get back to the hotel so Hails can drop her stuff off before we go anywhere," Patrick said.

"We'll help you with your bags," Gabe said, he nudged Travis and they picked up my bags.

We walked through the airport, the guys trying to look inconspicuous. I put my arm through the crook of Patrick's elbow and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I always wanted the pretty blonde," Patrick whispered in my ear. I smiled at him and he smiled back. We stepped out into the heat; I pulled my sunglasses down over my eyes and walked arm in arm with Patrick until we got to the van.

Gabe and Travis put my bags in the back of the van and climbed in. I was sat next to Patrick and William, in front of Gabe and Travis and behind Andy and Pete, who was driving. William put his arm around me and I smiled and put my head on his shoulder. I reached over and held his other hand. He looked down and smiled at me.

I met William through Jon a few years ago. The only thing that had changed was the length of his hair. He was still as tall and skinny as ever. He still had the same smile, the same laugh and the same sparkle in his eyes when he sang.

I looked at him; his brown hair fell into his eyes as he looked out of the window. The Texan sun was shining high in the sky, and even with the cool breeze coming through the open windows as we drove, the heat was still noticeable.

William and I were the only silent two in the vehicle as everyone else started up conversations. Gabe, Travis and Patrick were all talking about some band they had all listened to. Pete and Andy were talking about a comic book they wanted to buy. And William and I just sat in silence, his fingers tracing patterns on my arms and my thumb was making circles on his hand.

The buildings grew taller and bigger on the horizon as the city grew closer. We slowed down as the amount of traffic, causing Pete to bang his hands on the steering wheel and swear loudly. I lifted my head up off Williams shoulder and leant over.

"Calm down Pete, it's only traffic," he turned and glared at me. I smiled sweetly and sank back in my seat. William's arm curled around me again.

"Something got his panties in a twist," He said and I giggled.

"The Transformers ones?"

"They're the only ones he wears," Patrick said and the three of us sat laughing.

"I can hear you," Pete muttered darkly. And we stopped laughing. I looked at William and
Patrick who were both still smirking.

Andy leant over and turned the stereo on. Radiohead played quietly as conversations started back up again. William and I joined in when we felt that our input was needed. I listened to William hum the song and Gabe and Patrick softly sing the words, their voices harmonising with each others beautifully, as well as Travis and my brother tapping out the tune on their laps.

When we pulled up at the hotel a little while later, Adam, Joe and Rob were stood waiting outside for us. William opened the van door, and helped me out. I smiled at the three who were waiting and they all opened their arms. I walked over and let them all hug me.

"Whose room am I sleeping in tonight?" I asked.

"We haven't decided yet," Pete said, as he ushered me into the elevator.

"We were going to put you in with Patrick or Andy," Joe said

"But then we thought that you might want your own room," Andy said. "Then we realised we couldn't afford it,"

"So I'm basically sleeping in whichever room I'm in when I fall asleep right? Why didn't just say that,"

They shrugged and I laughed a little, the elevator opened and I followed the guys down the hallway.

"You can put your stuff in my room," William said, "Then we'll go to the venue."

Each of the guys, either in pairs or alone, went into different rooms. I looked up at Gabe, who caught my eye as he was going into his.

William and I stopped outside a door a couple down from Gabe's, opened it with a grin and showed me inside.

"Where should I put my stuff?"

"Just put it anywhere," He said as he put one of my bags down. I did as he said. "You can get
changed and what not if you want, we have an hour or so before we need to be at the venue,"

"Kay thanks," I said to him, he smiled again and left the room. I opened up my bags and found something to wear.

After I got changed, and found what I needed for the concert, I left the room. As I opened the door, I was greeted with an extremely anxious looking Gabe Saporta.

"Hey," I said.

"You staying in Bills room tonight?" He asked.

"No, I'm just putting my stuff in here until I decide, why?"

"Is he around?" I shook my head. Gabe put his hands in his pockets and rocked on his feet for a few seconds.

“I need to go find Pete and the guys anyway, he might be with them,” Gabe nodded; I stepped out of the room, closing the door behind me. I followed Gabe down the hallway, until he stopped and knocked on a door. Pete answered and smiled.

“Guys! She’s ready come on!” he shouted.

“Rob’s already left, Tyler needed him for something,” Gabe said.

Pete nodded, and stepped out into the hallway as the other guys came out of the room. We all walked to the van, William casually draped his arm around me as we walked. Pete called the elevator and stood talking to Patrick. When it came we all piled inside. The doors closed, and the conversations started up again.

“If there’s no room in the van, then you can sit on my knee sweetheart,” he said.

“You wish Beckett,” I said, smiling at up at him. “I’d rather sit with Gabe or Travis,”
William pulled away from me and put his hand to his heart dramatically, I laughed a little.

“What do they have that I don’t?” He asked, smiling.

“Rhythm,” Travis said, coming between the two of us as we left the elevator.

“Sass,” Gabe said.

"Style,” I smiled at Travis.

“Okay, you can stop now,” William said pouting. We got into the van and I laughed a little at William’s still pouting face.

I sat in the front seat, next to my brother, who was once again, driving. Adam squeezed in
next to me and everyone else filed in behind us. As soon as the door was closed, Andy started up and we started driving towards the venue.

I put the radio on quietly so we had background noise underneath the boys talking. I looked at Adam who smiled at me.

“So, you’re touring with Fall Out Boy this summer,” he said.

“I’m going with them, I’m refusing to get on the stage with them,” Adam laughed.

“It’ll be fun,” Andy said. “Europe is amazing. You’ll love London,”

“I hope so,” They both smiled at me.

We arrived at the venue about fifteen minutes later. As soon as the boys got out of the van they were hurried into the venue by the tech guys. Jon ran over to me and engulfed me in a hug.

“Ready for the show tonight?” He asked.

“Can’t wait,” I said to him as we walked inside.

“Right now it’s sound check,” Jon said as we walked through the backstage, “Then the
doors open. Then it’s time for the show,”

***
Jon’s description of the work that went into the show didn’t do it justice, I was constantly being pushed and pulled before the guys went on, and afterwards was just as bad. As each sweaty, smelly boy came off stage they insisted on hugging me. The only time I left backstage was during Fall Out Boys set, Heath had managed to get me a press pass so I could get a few pictures of it, so I could send them home and show off what my boys were doing.

As soon as Midtown came off and the meet and greets were over, we ended up in a club just down the road from the venue. Gabe was assigned the role of designated driver, as apparently he was the only one who had yet to perform that special role.

“At least I’m not sober alone,” I said, trying to cheer him up.

“You could have a drink you know,” he said. “Nobody would say anything,”

“I wouldn’t want to leave you the lone sober person. I mean, my brother isn’t here otherwise
you could be boring with him.”

“I’m not boring,” Gabe said, pushing me playfully. I pushed him back. His eyes met mine, and our lips crashed together. My eyes closed as my fingers tangled themselves in his hair. Gabe pulled me up onto his lap.

“Why don’t we go back to the hotel?” I asked. “You tell everyone else, I’ll call Andy and tell him to come look after everyone else,” He nodded and I got of him, pulled my top down and walked outside. I called Andy and told him that I was going to come home and Gabe was going to come with me to make sure I was alright. Gabe joined me a few minutes later, then Andy pulled up in a taxi. He kissed me on the cheek and Gabe and I got into the taxi.

We managed to keep our hands off each other, until we got back to the hotel. As soon as we were in the elevator, Gabe’s lips were on mine again, the older couple in the elevator looked less than impressed when we left which made us giggle before we reconnected. Gabe fumbled around in his pockets to find his room key. When he did, he let us in the room, swiftly, pressing me against it so we didn't break away from each other.

My tongue ran across Gabe’s bottom lip, and his hands fumbled with the hem of my top. He swiftly pulled it over my head, as I did so with his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait! I've been so caught up with my exams that I haven't had time to write this so I hope this isn't so bad!

And yes, I've changed the name of the story. I thought that this one fit better.

xx