The Darkest Red

The Brave One

"Phe. Get up baby," my mom said shaking me a little bit.
I groaned.
"School."
"No."
"Yes. Get up."

She poked my cheek. I rolled over and fell not so gracefully off the bed.

"Good. You're up!" She exclaimed and walked out of the room. I got up off the floor and went to my closet.

"Hmm. What to wear?" I asked myself and then giggled.
"Uniform of course." I grabbed one of the many checkered pleated skirts and a white dress shirt. I undressed and grabbed a towel and got a quick shower and got dressed again and did my make-up really simply; just eyeliner. I go to St. Mary's private catholic high school. Unfortunately.

I raced down stairs, put on my jacket, grabbed toast and my car keys and drove quickly to school. I got there just as the first warning bell was ringing. I ran to my locker with my long black hair flying behind me. I grabbed the four books I would need before lunch: Biology, French, British Literature, and Calculus.

"Miss Moore, you are late," my biology teacher said as soon as I walked the door.
"Sorry Mr. Welsh," I apologized with my head bowed. He nodded.
"Don't let it happen again Miss Moore," he smiled. I took my seat and notice the girl sitting in the seat beside me that was empty yesterday.

"Hey I'm Casey Williams," she smiled a beautifully perfect smile. I was speechless.
"Hi I-I-I'm uhh Pheonyx. Pheonyx Moore," I stuttered.