The Darkest Red

Waking Up In Vegas

I ran into the room and saw something I hope to never see again in my life. I saw my baby, my sweet love, laying in a hospital bed hooked up to machines with wires and tubes everywhere. She looked so fragile.

Her eyes were closed and her sister was staring at her with tears trailing down her face. Her father was no where to be seen. Typical. Bastard.

"Karmen. What did she do?" I asked Casey's sister.
"She took tons of pills. Why did she try to-to," she took a deep breath, "To kill herself?"
"That's what I want to know. We'll hopefully find out soon, Okay Kar?" I said and hugged her tightly. Casey moaned.
"Casey. Casey, wake up for us baby. C'mon. I wanna see those beautiful eyes," I whispered.

Her eyes fluttered open and I smiled.

"I'm so sorry Phe. I am. I just felt so over whelmed baby," Casey croaked. Karmen went to get a nurse.

I hugged Casey, being careful of her wires and tubes. The doctor came in and checked her chart.

"We had a little accident didn't we sweetie. Now next time we have a headache what do we do?" He asked kindly.
"I will read the label. I will not take more that then specified dose. No matter how bad my head hurts," Casey replied beaming.

I gave her a look. She gave one back still smiling. The doctor smiled at her and told her she could go home when she was ready.

"Casey!" I whisper shouted as soon as the door shut.
"What?!" She asked.
"Why did you lie to him? How many did you actually take? Why did you do it?" I asked quickly trying my hardest not to shout.
"So I don't get put in the mental ward. Like sixteen or so. I have absolutely no clue why I did it. I think you should go," she said, her eyes glistening.
"Why? Why don't you want to talk to me? What did I do?" I asked close to tears.

I couldn't understand why she was pushing me away.

"Go away Pheonyx. I don't want to see you right now. Please, leave," she said with almost no emotion in her voice. I let my tears fall freely, hoping maybe she'd see and change her mind, but she wasn't even looking at me. She was staring at the wall straight across from her bed.

"I love you, don't do this," I begged. I was about to get down on my knees and beg.
"Just go... Please don't make me call my doctor to get you out of here," she said calmly.

I sighed and walked out of the room slowly with tears trailing freely down my face. I walked past all the people who questioned. I walked out the hospital doors and to my car. I collapsed before I could open the doors. I sat there in the parking lot leaning against my car crying.

I cried hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know. I'm horriblehorrible and I deserve to be shot! This is not the end!