Found You

Getting Personal

By my third day I had started to settle into a routine, bring Gerard his coffee before any one else, kind of by choice after all its nice to get into your office in the morning and see a fresh cup of coffee waiting for you. I would then go to the big wigs and take their breakfast orders, on my way to the cafe to get the food and drinks I would post all of the outgoing mail. On the way back I would pick up the ingoing mail from reception and after dropping the food off I would then sort all of the mail before walking around the studios and dropping it all off.

I knocked on Gerard's door, waiting for the yell to open it up.

"Hey" I said quietly and held out a bundle of letters and packages to him. He put his phone down and smiled widely at me.

"Thank you" he said, nodding at the chair in front of him. "Sit down a minute"

I sat gently in the seat and looked at him expectantly.

"You are not in trouble, so get that look off of your face" he murmured and looked at me with that smile. "I have a few jobs that I would love if you did, personal errands and such" He started. He pushed a piece of paper across the desk "I would be so grateful if you could get them done by tonight"

I looked at the paper and smiled "Of course" I said and folded the paper with out even looking over the list.

"That's so great" He said and looked as if a weight was lifted off of him "It's the launch of our comic in a few days so me and a couple of others are planning everything at last minute"

"Last minute is the best time to get things done" I said and stood up. "That way you will get everything done"

"Sure is" He laughed and then stood up and walked to the door, opening it "My address and personal number is on the paper too if you need anything"

I nodded and walked out of the room "I'll do my best"

"I know" He smiled cutely and waved me off.

By eight o'clock that night I was exhausted and sitting on the bus with a load of bags. Gerard had given me his credit card and pin number which surprised me, no one I know had trusted me this much with out knowing me for years but I guess I couldn't have gotten half of the list done if he hadn't given me it.

I looked up and out of the window, we were nearing the place that I knew to be Gerard's neighborhood. I pressed the stop button and stood up, laden with bags and made my way to the front of the bus, almost flying into the windscreen when the driver spontaneously stopped.

I walked down a street that was light up with Christmas lights and street lamps. It was a lot different to what I knew, the houses were large and there was even a few with white picket fences.

My eyes widened when I looked up at the address I had been given, I read it again, looking at the door number, unbelieving that this was the house, it was twice the size of my parents house, my home.

I walked up to the door and pressed on the doorbell, moments later a figure appeared behind the glass panels of the door and it swung open.

"Hey!" Gerard said, reaching out "Come in, let me carry those" he said and started taking half the bags off of me.

I walked into the house and sighed with relief when I felt the warm air hit me. "So warm" I whispered.

"I can feel the cold coming off of you" He laughs and puts the bags down. "Would you like a coffee or something?"

I put the bags down and shake my head "No thank you, I better get out of your way" I said and pushed my hand into my coat pocket. "Here is your card and all the receipts, if any of them aren't there then I'll find them for you"

"Thanks again for this, I don't know what I would have done with out you" He said and took the envelope. "I'll make sure you get double pay for today"

"Oh no don't be silly" I said and looked around "And wow" my eyes widened a little as I looked around the kitchen, which itself looked like he was a millionaire.

"It's cool, huh?" He smiles and looks around too.

"It's... Wow your salary must be sky high" I laugh.

"Well kind of, I inherited the house but everything in it took a lot of work and extra hours" He said and nodded. "My Nana always said that her house was built for a family... So when I got it in her will I told myself that I would do it up and always live in it"

"That's sweet" I said with a soft smile. "So where is the family tonight?" I asked.

"Still in my reproductive organs I guess" He nodded.

I blushed and giggled a little. "Oh"

"Sorry, I don't think before I say things some times. What I meant to say was that I am divorced and didn't have children when I was married" he said politely.

"That's better. I'm sorry about the divorce thing" I returned.

He shook his head and crossed his arms comfortably. "Don't be, it was a mutual thing, you know?"

I shook my head "I'm eighteen..." I said and shrugged.

He smiled at me knowingly and nodded "You have a lot to go through then"

"Na... I am going to be eighteen for the rest of my life" I nodded.

"That's what I said... fifteen years ago"

I smiled and looked to my feet "Well when I get dumped by the love of my life... I'll come to you for moral support and old-man advice"

He gasped mockingly and covered his mouth "Thirty three is the new twenty I'll have you know"

"Sure it is" I said jokingly and picked up my purse. "So I guess I will see you at work tomorrow"

"Sure, unless you want a ride home? Where do you live?"

"Only in the next neighborhood, It's walk-able" I shrugged.

"If you are sure..." He said and began to walk to the door with me.

"I'm sure" I smiled and stepped out of the door when he opened it.

"See you tomorrow then Munro" He smiled.

I nodded and walked down the driveway, not hearing the door shut until I was out of the gate.

On the walk home I thought about him a lot, how he must feel quite lonely in that big house with no one else around.
♠ ♠ ♠
xxx