Found You

Can I Meet You Alone?

It was Saturday and as usual, like every Saturday I was asleep through most of it. I woke up earlier than planned when my phone started ringing. I picked it up, not checking caller ID.

"Hello?" I answered, my voice was hoarse from just waking up.

There was a short silence, followed by a familiar voice "Hey"

"Gerard?" I pushed myself up in bed, moving my hair out of my face.

"Yeah" He said shortly. "I just woke up and remembered..." he cut himself off "Can we get coffee today?"

"Uh..." I look at my clock and then nod "Yeah we can... Give me a little while though"

"Yeah sure" I heard him light a cigarette and blow the smoke out "Are you okay?"

"Feel kind of sick" I admitted, my head spinning.

"You did drink a lot of champagne"

"I think I'm going to be sick" I moaned, standing up and walking towards the bathroom.

"Want me to come over?" He asked urgently.

"No" I breathed, kneeling by the toilet "My dad is home"

"Okay... Well give me a call in a little while and tell me if you feel any better or not"

"I will" I said and with that hung up the phone and started hurling into the toilet bowl.

I vowed that I would never drink again.

Ever.

For a whole week.

Or five days.

A few hours later I was sitting in central, shivering a little and watching the smoke from my cigarette float away.

"Hey" I heard and looked up to see Gerard walking towards the bench I was perched on. I smiled as he handed me a large take out cup of coffee.

"Thanks" I said, holding it close to me. "It's cold today"

He sat down next to me, keeping at a distance. "It's cold every day" He laughs a little "It's New Jersey"

"It's not so much the garden state when there is snow every where, huh?"

He stays silent and then shuffles over "So... We have to talk about last night"

I took a deep breath and looked at him briefly before fumbling with the plastic lid on the cup. "Can't we just pretend we already did?" I joked.

He smiled and reached over, taking me into a one armed hug. "I wish"

I rested my head on his shoulder, feeling warmer. "So..."

"So" he sighed. "What do you think... I mean, how do you feel about it?"

"About last night?"

"About everything" he stated and lowered his hand to planting it around my waste. "And be honest... cause I'm happy if you are happy"

"Well" I sigh, feeling embarrassed "I can't lie... I... You're... I like you" I finally spat out, stumbling over my words and feeling my cheeks burn furiously.

He stayed silent, just sitting there with me for a few moments before breaking the quiet. "I haven't dated any one since my divorce" He said quietly.

"I understand" I said quickly.

"No" he cut me off. "I was going to say... so we have to talk about things... if were hurting each other, if we're suffocating each other... even if you just need three cubic meters of space"

I laugh a little "I understand" I repeat.

"So... Lets start talking" he said and stood up, he reached out and handed me something.

"My mittens" I giggled, pulling them on "I forgot about these"

He chuckled a little and held out his hand. "I don't want to be responsible for another sickness, so let's go inside some where warm to talk"

I smiled softly and took his hand with my little one. It felt nice in his hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short. I'll post a bigger part in a couple of days, ladies, i promise xxx