We Were Both Young, When I First Saw Your

Chapter Three - Arguement under the stars

Night had fallen onto Narnia, and the stars twinkled in the deep black sky.
But Peter refused to sleep.
He and Arianna sat outside, talking quietly. After being asleep for hundreds of years, Arianna was not in the least bit tired, and she eagerly explained to her father what had happened in the time he had disapeared and she had fallen asleep.
"You know how mother was sick?" she said.

"Yes, that's why she couldn't come hunting with us." Peter said, nodding firmly.

"She got worse after you left..." she swung her legs back and forth, her voice sad, "She tried to make it unnoticable, but I could tell. Everyone in the castle worried about her. Her handkerchiefs would end up covered in splotches of blood..."

Peter visibly recoiled, the thought of Juliet even near blood (whether it was hers or not) made him sick.

"I...hope you forgive me for leaving." he said quietly, "I never -"

"It's alright." she interupted, "Mum never blamed you and I didn't either. We both knew you wouldn't have left if you had to have a choice." she smiled at her father before kissing him on the cheek, "I'm just glad you're back..."

Peter smiled sadly, looking at his daughter in the moonlight. Her eyes were the same shade of her mother's, and they held the same amount of emotion Juliet protrayed in hers.

"Who was that boy?" she asked suddenly, looking at her father curiously, "The one that um..." she blushed now, covering her face with her hands, "That kissed me," she finished softly.

Peter opened his mouth to speak, his face now set in a scowl, but once again he was interupted.

"If you wanted to know about me, you could just ask...me?"

The two turned around, surprised. Caspian stood there, his brown hair tousled from sleeping.

"Really?" Peter said, narrowing his eyes at the Prince, "I think I could tell her just fine."
He disliked Caspian immensely. The fact his kiss awoke his daughter infuriated him. And when talks on what they should do about King Miraz began, Caspian disagreed with Peter on what they should, annoying the King further. He stood up and brushed himself off, "In any event, I think it's time we head off to bed. Arianna?"

She stood up as well, taking her father's hand, turning her head to look at Caspian curiously, as if she were recognizing an old friend, but she dismissed it and headed off to bed as her father requested.

~-----------~
But she did not sleep.
Instead she lay there quietly, listening to her father, waiting for the telltale signs of when he had fallen asleep. Years of crawling into bed with parents at night proved to be worthwhile, and when she was convinced he was sleeping, she carefully stood herself up, and walked back outside.

Caspian still stood out there, looking up at the night sky, a distant expression on his face.

She walked up beside him, not saying a word.

He glanced over at her, "Not sleepy?" he asked.

"I've slept the past 1300 years." she said, laughing softly, "Not in the least. What about you?" she asked.

"Too nervous." he replied, "I feel sick almost. I feel as though I'm not ready for all this."

"You'll be fine," Arianna said, "My father will help you. So will my aunts and uncle. They're fantastic people...the most amazing." she blushed slightly, "I really look up to them all. I can't wait to go into battle."

Caspian looked at her in shock and surprise, "You can't fight!"

She looked at him sharply, "Says who?!"

"Says me." he said, looking at her pointedly, "I won't let you. And I'm sure that's one thing your father will agree on."

Arianna stared at him, her mouth open in shock, "You can't tell me what to do!" she said angerily.

They were now facing each other, Caspian looking down at her, and Arianna looking up at him, her face set in a deep scowl.

"I'm the Prince, and heir to the throne." he pointed out, " And I say, you are not allowed to fight!"

"And why is that exactly?" Arianna asked, pushing her finger against his chest, "You barely even know me! And besides, I'm the daughter of the High King. You cannot order around a princess"

"But I-" he was at a loss for words, "You'd distract me!"

She laughed at that, "How is that exactly?"

"I'd be preoccupied with saving you!"

"For your information, I don't NEED 'saving'!" she shouted.

"Says the girl who's been sleeping the past 1300 years!"

"Because of some stupid spell my mother cast on me! For your information, I've been trained to fight!"

"Well it doesn't matter! I won't allow you to fight!" Caspian said, with a tone of finality in his voice. He was sure now, that this was the girl in his dreams, and the woman had been Queen Juliet. He had now brought it upon himself to protect her with everything within him, as much as he was to protect Narnia.

"Urgh! You are so infuriating!" Arianna said with disgust, "Why, if I had a sw-"

But he cut her off, placing his lips on hers.

Angerily, she pushed him away, "Where exactly do you think you can get away with that?!" she asked, narrowing her eyes.

He looked hurt for a moment, before turning away, "Nevermind, just forget that. Go to sleep."

She looked at him carefully for a moment, unwilling to be beaten, "Well, I'm still going to fight." she said harshly, before stalking back inside, furious to the core.
♠ ♠ ♠
oooo tensssiiooonn.
:D gotta luffs it.
Comments are <3ed!