We Were Both Young, When I First Saw Your

Chapter Five - Stay Away.

It was nighttime again, and the mood surrounding the camp was to the least, not the greatest.
Arianna sat by an outside fire, eating quietly. Her father had earlier attempted to speak to her, but she had refused, still upset with him.
"How is it?" a voice asked. She glanced up to see Caspian sitting down next to her, his own bowl of food in hands.

"Fine." she murmered, looking back down at it.

"...Good." Caspian said slowly, taking a bite of his own food.

There was silence between the two, but unlike their previous silences it was not full of the usual spite.

"I'm...sorry for the way my father acted." Juliet said quietly, putting down her bowl.

Caspian shook his head, "No, no...his actions were justified. Like you said, we are all under a lot of stress."

Arianna nodded, stood up and brushed off her dress.

"Where are you going?!" Caspian said, pushing himself up quickly, grabbing her arm.

"For a walk...?" she replied coolly, "You needn't worry, I can take care of myself you know."

"Can I come with anyway?" Caspian asked, trying not to smile.

She sighed, and looked at him carefully, "Fine, alright."

~-----------~
"I love it at night." Arianna said softly, "The stars are always so bright."

Caspian nodded, unwilling to say what was on his mind.

Which was infact, I love you at night. He figured if he said that he'd get a slap across the face.

"Can I ask you something?" she asked suddenly, stopping to look at him.

"What?"

"Did you...ever dream as a child?" she asked nervously, biting her lip.

He blinked, was this a trap?

"Well...yes, of course I did."

"What about?"

He paused for a moment, then spoke, "I dreamt about a little girl a lot." (A/N: sorry, quick note. DEAR GOD DOES CASPIAN SOUND LIKE A PEDO!! uhm...anyway.)

"Really?" she asked softly.

"What about you...if I may ask?"

She looked up at him, and then quietly mumbled, "This little boy. He lived in Narnia, like I did. But it wasn't my Narnia..it was...this Narnia." and she looked away from him, "What about your little girl?"

"...She lived in your Narnia." Caspian said, "And she used to laugh and play with fauns, with her mother and father...king and queen, watching over her."

"What did she look like?" Arianna asked quietly.

"What did he look like?" he retorted back.

"I asked you first!"

Caspian laughed at that, "Alright fine. She grew up to be the most beautiful girl I have laid eyes on. No one else could compare in the real world."

She blushed at that, and then spoke, "Fine. He was...was...really handsome, okay?" She looked up at him, her eyes sparkling in the moonlight.

Carefully, he took her chin in his hand, and lifted her head up.

And placed his lips on hers once more. This time, she did not pull away.

She didn't have too.

"Get your hands off her!" a voice shouted, full of rage.

The two quickly pulled apart in shock. When she saw who was running towards them she let out a groan.

Peter quickly reached the two, sending a sharp glare at Caspian, "Stay away from her." he growled.

"Father," Arianna tried to jerk her arm out of his grasp, "What...is wrong...with talking...?!" she gave up trying to get free.

"He did more then talking." Peter spat, "Like I said, stay away from her Telemarine."

Caspian could only stare in shock and annoyance.

"We'll help you gain your...'throne' back," Peter continued, "But that does not give you the right...to approach my daughter like that!" and with that he let go of Arianna and motioned for her to follow him. With an apolgetic glance at Caspian, she followed.

But she looked back and mouthed something,

"Meet me in the morning."

He nodded, and gave a half-hearted wave goodbye. Inwardly he wished...that he hadn't been a Telemarine.

~--------------~
Peter's POV
"Honestly Arianna," I said, looking at her, "How could you let him do something like that? You know how to take care of yourself!"

She glared at me, "Oh no, remember father? I can't fight at all." she rolled her eyes.

I inwardly winced. But I refused to let up my ground. How could that bastard even think of touching Arianna?

What would Juliet think... I was doing a bad job at taking care of our daughter.

Juliet...
My heart ached for her...her soft touch and how she always knew what to say.

I looked back at Arianna who's face was set in a scowl.

"Look sweetheart, I'm sorry. But I don't trust that...that..."

"I understand." she said.

"What?!" I asked, shocked.

"Yes father, I understand." she looked at me, tears forming in her eyes, "I won't talk to him. Would that make you happy?! Would it make mother happy?" she stopped walking and faced me, "Honestly father, you need to think things out!" and with that, she stormed inside.

I stood there, shocked. I was doing the best I could, surely!

But her words shook me. Would this make Juliet happy...? To ban Arianna from...speaking to someone?

But it was for her safety, I reassured myself. Perhaps after we helped...him, Arianna could come back with us to England.

I didn't want to lose her...
♠ ♠ ♠
OH GOD DO I FEEL LIKE SUCH A BITCH. D: I feel bad cause Peter's all "rajhrwkjherjkw rawr nooooo." but but but that's how he is in the movie, even WITHOUT his only daughter getting kissed by his rival! D: I'd smack him if I didn't love 'im. :P

anyway...dun dun dun.
comments are luffed.<3 and thank you to EVERYONE who reads this! Much obliged. :D