Girls In White Dresses

I'm In Love With A Critic And A Skeptic

I removed the needle and replaced it with the ring quickly and screwed the ball on.

“There you go,” I said as she got up and looked in the mirror at her new piercing.
“Thank you sweetie!” she squealed and hugged me.
“You’re welcome,” I said unsurely. She walked out into the living room area and I could hear her a couple seconds later.

“Look guys! Lyssa did it for me!” she exclaimed and whoever was in the living room all said ‘cool’ or ‘awesome’.

My phone rang as I was walking back into the room where everyone else was.

I picked it up and said hello and listened as the other person on the phone gave me possibly the worst news of the year.

Enter Patrick

Everyone else was looking at Kelsey and admiring her lip ring when Lyssa walked in with her phone up to her ear. Someone on the other end must have given her bad news because her face was ashen. I started to get up as she dropped her phone to the floor and I ran over to her as she fainted. I caught her just before she hit her head on the counter.

Everyone got up and rushed over and knelt down beside her.

“What happened?” Everyone asked.
“She was talking on the phone and she just fainted,” I said. Pete went over to her phone and put it up to his ear.

“Yes, No, it’s Pete. What did you tell her? She fainted… Oh my god. Are they sure? I’m sure she’ll want to go. Yes, I’ll ask her when she wakes up. Okay, Riverdale. I got it. Thank you Mrs. Kelly. Goodbye, I love you too, I’ll tell her and give her a ginormous hug for you. Okay, bye,” he said and shut Lyssa’s phone.

He took a deep breath.

“Lyssa’s best friend, Jack, from when we were kids was in a severe car crash, he’s in a coma and may not make it through,” he said.

Lyssa’s eyes flickered and opened. She saw Pete and immediately started crying.

“Please tell me this isn’t happening Petey,” she pleaded. He shook his head and she buried her head in my chest, crying. I wrapped my arms around her and everyone hugged us.

First Pete put his arms around us, then Joe and Andy. Then after them Kelsey joined in and Phil. Then William Beckket was the last to join in. Lyssa sighed and I hugged her tighter.

“Guys, it’s kind of hard to breathe…” Lyssa said into my shirt. I laughed and eventually everyone let go again.

“Pete? You guys can drop me off right?” she asked.

Please don’t leave the tour. I sound very selfish… but I don‘t want her to go. I‘ll miss her too much.

I frowned at the though of Lyssa leaving the tour. I wondered when she’d be coming back…
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe. Sad... Will Lyssa be leaving the tour? When will Patrick tell Lyssa he likes her?! WIll Jack make it? Tune in next time!

Comments are appreciated.