Girls In White Dresses

Breaking Hearts Never Looked So Cool 1/2

“Pete’s calling me…” I explained. I looked out to make sure no one was looking after I had straightened my clothes again and I walked calmly out of the ‘closet’ we were in. Lyssa walked out after me and fixed her clothes too then we went off in opposite directions. Little did we know, someone had been watching us and saw us go into and come out of the closet.

Later, after the show, Joe confronted me.

“I’m going to tell Pete. About you and Lyssa. Why should you get to date her? I like her too… And Pete should know, that’s his little sister,” he said glaring at me.

“Dude! Can’t I just have this one thing? Just once? It’s always you or Pete or Andy who get the girl… Let me just have my way this one time… I will tell Pete, eventually…” I said being careful not to yell.

“We do not always get the girl, but fine, whatever. Keep her, you better tell Pete soon though or I will,” he said and stomped away angrily.

Lyssa came bouncing over and kissed me.

“Hi sugar!” she exclaimed and giggled.

“Hey.”

“What’s wrong? What is it?” Lyssa asked, concerned.

“Joe’s going to tell Pete unless we do. He’s angry… Joe, not Pete… Yet,” I barely whispered. She tackle hugged me and put her face into my neck. After a minute she looked up at me and smiled feebly.

“I guess we’d better tell Pete then?” she asked.

“No, I actually think it’d be better if we weren’t together… I’d rather stay alive. Thanks,” I said hating myself with every word. Her almost smile faded and she let go of me and backed away. She looked like she was fighting back tears.

“Alright. I get it. I understand. Friends?” She held out her hand for me to shake, I shook it and she walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sooooo sorry I haven't updated in forever. Comment?