‹ Prequel: The Heart Never Lies

Stay With Me

Together Forever

Image

The low sun in the sky set an orange color across everything in its path, my dress turning the same orange as I walked down the aisle with my dad.

I could feel the sand under my bare feet, cooled from the lack of sun, and I felt everyone’s eyes on me. It caused my cheeks to turn pink from all the attention. Shyly, I let my eyes wander to the seats filled with familiar faces on either side of me, but I quickly averted my gaze upon seeing more people than I expected.

My eyes instantly went to the white lattice arch where David was standing with a grin on his face; then they fell on my friends in their dresses and the McFly boys in their tuxedos.

When my gaze met Danny’s we instantly grinned at each other, only I let my eyes fall to the ground in shyness.

I couldn’t keep my eyes off him for very long.

I took in how Danny looked; his hair still in messy curls that fell just above his eyes and his tuxedo making him look even more gorgeous than usual. His bright blue eyes were full of excitement, love, and pride. The orange sun gave them an almost golden blue color.

I was in awe of him and I wondered if he was feeling the same about me.

Suddenly I was forced to stop (my dad tugging on my arm to stop me) and I unwillingly tore my eyes away from Danny to look at David.

“Who gives their blessing for the binding of this man and woman?” David smiled, directing the question to my dad.

“I do,” my dad answered proudly.

With smiles, my hand was placed in Danny’s and the both of us faced David as he began.

I didn’t hear everything that Dave started to say, I was too lost in everything to listen; hardly noticing when to say “I do.” Only when we were to say our vows did I begin to pay attention completely.

“Please repeat after me,” Dave said to Danny.

“I, Daniel Alan David Jones, take you, Sydney Michelle Rogers, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, to love and to cherish, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, from this day forward, until death do us part.”

I smiled and then it was my turn to repeat after David.

“I, Sydney Michelle Rogers, take you, Daniel Alan David Jones, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, to love and to cherish, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, from this day forward, until death do us part.”

After a few more words from David, the rings were exchanged and were followed by more words.

Before my mind could truly register it, David began the final line.

“With the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife,” Dave grinned, looking toward Danny. “You may kiss your bride.”

A smile spread across Danny’s lips as he placed his hands on my face and leaned toward me.

His lips touched mine softly at first, but then more firmly until he had to pull away for the sake of everyone else.

I heard the applause around me, but I didn’t see anyone other than Danny.

Several hugs were given to Danny and I after the ceremony, but both of us were finally given a little free time until we had to be at the reception (it wasn’t too far away from where we were married).

“Let’s walk,” Danny grinned, taking my hand and leading me in the opposite direction of the reception.

As we walked slowly, my eyes stayed on Danny’s face even though he wasn’t looking back at me.

“Danny?” I questioned quietly.

“Mm?” He still didn’t look at me.

“Is there a reason why we’re here rather than making our grand entrance over at the reception?”

He shrugged, “I’m just enjoying holding hands and walking with my wife.”

I blushed from the emphasis he put on my new title and I looked down at the sand.

In an instant, Danny lifted my chin up with his fingers and captured my lips with his passionately. The hand holding my chin brushed against my skin until it reached my shoulder where it stayed. His other hand rested on my lower back so he could force my body closer. Not that I minded at all…

We had difficulties pulling away from each other, but when we did, I blushed brightly.

“Um, I think we should… go back to the, uh… reception now,” I said, stumbling over my words.

“Are you sure you don’t want to skip it and go straight to the honeymoon?” Danny asked me in a breathless whisper.

“Oh dear…” I turned scarlet, noticing a twinkle in Danny’s eyes. “I… I wo – I think we should stay… at least through the important things.”

“Are you sure?”

I stared at his intense eyes and hesitated.

“No… but it’s the right thing to do.”

Danny’s lips formed a frown and I smirked.

“I promise we’ll leave after we do all the important stuff,” I reassured in a whisper before walking past him.

“Yes!” Danny cheered and then caught up to me, grabbing my hand.

The evening went on as planned; the toasts going well and the cake being cut.

When it came time for the bouquet toss, I threw it terribly behind me to none other than Kayla.

I don’t think I ever saw her so red.

Next Danny had to remove the garter from my leg (which he happily did with his teeth) and then he had to toss it to the boys.

Tom caught it and he instantly looked toward Kayla.

It looked like love was in the air.

The dancing soon began after that, starting off with the first dance as a married couple and then followed by a dance with my dad.

While the dancing continued, I saw Tom invite Kayla to dance and Dougie invite Julie.

I smiled brightly because it was so cute.

Danny came up to me while I was grabbing some fruit punch and he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, placing his chin on my shoulder.

“You wanna go now?” he whispered, kissing my jaw.

I sighed, “We have to tell Nathan and the others first.”

“Okay. I’ll go tell McFly.”

Before I could say anything more, he disappeared. I rolled my eyes and went over to the girls.

“Hey, guys,” I smiled.

“What’s up?” Julie questioned with a smile.

“Danny wants to get a head start on the honeymoon,” I giggled, turning pink. “We couldn’t leave without saying goodbye.”

“Aw. We would have understood,” Kayla smiled, hugging me tightly.

“Yeah! We know you must be anxious to be alone,” Katie winked before also give me a hug.

I rolled my eyes and hugged Julie, “You three keep an eye on the boys alright?”

“Got it!” all three exclaimed.

I grinned and then I began my search for Nathan. I found him sitting with my mom.

“Mommy!” he cried in joy as he hopped off his grandmother’s lap and into my arms.

“Hey there, handsome.”

“Daddy told me you are going home.”

I nodded, “Yep. We’re going to be gone for a little bit, too, because Daddy is taking me on a trip. You get to stay with Mommy and Daddy’s friends while we’re gone though.”

“Okay! I love you,” Nathan hugged me and kissed my cheek.

“You, too, sweetie. You behave okay?”

He nodded and then ran back to my mother.

I quickly updated her on what was going on and then I made my sneaky escape, meeting up with Danny behind the giant reception tent.

Without hesitation, our hands locked together and we ran to our hotel along the beach to change, our escape following afterward.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am, again, quite sorry that it has taken so long. No worries though because I will have the last two (yes two) chapters posted sometime this week. :) It's absolutely perfect because I'm going to Tennesse next Sunday. :) Go me!

Happy Easter to everyone and remember that this day is NOT because of a bunny who hands out candy. Today is about Jesus' Resurrection; his coming back to life. :)

"For God so loved the world, He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16

"It is finished." -Jesus as he took his final breath