How Can I Blame You When It's Me I Can't Forgive?

Chapter 1

I sat on the ground outside of my house, staring up at the stars. I had moved away from the city a couple of months ago and out to my parent’s country place. I loved it out here, it was so peaceful. I sighed softly as the stars twinkled at me. The full moon shown down on me from the sky. It was so peaceful out there. I closed my eyes and let the cold light of the full moon swim over me. I lay back on the grass and kept my eyes closed. My thoughts drifted back to my time living in Boston...

||Flashback: February 20th 2008||

I laughed as I raced away from my best friend, Amanda, while she threw snowballs at me while we were heading to TD Banknorth Garden. I shrieked as she stuffed a snowball down my back. She laughed loudly and I chased her down the street. We got to the arena, both of us dripping wet from melted snow and laughing. She squealed as she spotted her boyfriend, Blake Wheeler, coming out of the locker room. He smiled widely at her and she launched herself into his arms. I smiled as I looked on, and Blake’s friend and teammate Milan Lucic walked out of the locker room behind him. I stayed where I was; I was too afraid to even move. Milan was one of the better looking players on the team, and he just happened to be my favorite. This year was his rookie season, and he wasn’t doing too well, but he was definitely raking up the penalty minutes. He would have a high number of those by the end of the season. Amanda waved me over and I found that I wasn’t as scared of him anymore. I walked over and stood, somewhat shyly, next to Amanda.

“Milan, Blake, this is Chelsea. She’s my best friend,” Amanda said, introducing me.

“Manda, I already know Chelsea!” Blake fake whined. Amanda lightly slapped his arm.

“Nice to meet you, Chelsea,” Milan said, taking my hand and pressing it lightly to his lips. I giggled a little as my cheeks turned pink. He chuckled lightly and let my and fall back to my side. “Amanda’s told us a lot about you,” He said suddenly, his eyes focused on mine. I couldn’t pull my gaze away from his.

“Really now? I hope it’s been good things,” I said. He laughed, breaking the spell, and I quickly turned my gaze to Amanda.

“I told them you’re my best friend, and that you’re single,” She said. I eyed her suspiciously and she smiled sheepishly at me.

“What else did you tell them?” I asked, planting my hands firmly on my hips.

“Nothing,” She said innocently. I fake glared at her but turned my attention elsewhere. My gaze wandered to Milan, who smiled at me widely. I blushed and glanced away quickly. He laughed a little, but Amanda grabbed my arm. “We have to find our seats before the game starts,” She said to me. She started running and I glanced back. I saw Milan wink at me just as we rounded the corner. Manda and I found our seats and settled in to watch the first period.

||Present day: May 30th, 2009||

The sky was pink as I jerked and my eyes flew open. I must have fallen asleep out here, I thought as I stood up. Yawning, I stretched and headed back inside. I changed into clean clothes as the sun began to peek up over the horizon. I picked out a bathing suit and turned on the morning news. Already, it was almost 70 degrees outside, and it would only get warmer. My parent’s place bordered a large pond, so I decided today was a day to go swimming in it. I made myself a bowl of cereal and watched the rest of the morning news. Growing conflict in the Middle East…. Economy still going downhill…. President Obama getting bad publicity….. Same as normal. I sighed and turned the television off, enjoying the silence of the morning. The sound of tires on the stony driveway outside jerked me out of my thoughts. I stood up and saw a car I didn’t recognize coming toward the house. There was the slamming of a door, followed by a knock. I cautiously opened the door. My jaw nearly hit the floor as I saw the person standing behind it.

“Milan?”