Power Of The Moons.

Chapter 20

Rory fell asleep, hugging me. I had longed to hold her for a long time, her sent was intoxicating to me, like the sweetest flower in full bloom. She was mine. Even if she didn’t know it yet, we were meant for one another. It was the way of the wolf; we mated for life, one mate, for life. And Rory, she was mine. I knew it, because not only could I smell her true scent, but also because of the way she made me grin madly. I had to always impress her, or make her angry; she was cute when she was angry.

I slid out of her arms, pulled the covers up to her chin, and left the room silently. I need some air. I needed to vent. I transformed as I jumped forward and bounded out of the caves. I scaled the rock face easily and bounded into the forest, using the moon to grow larger than any bear. I ran hard, I felt him before I saw him, then out of the corner of my eye Harvey came up running shoulder-to-shoulder with me. Not saying anything, just running to be there with me, for the support. Finally, I slowed after a few miles and then stopped.

Harvey sat down simply and watched me pace silently. He looked around with his ears forward casually, and then looked back to me. “Well?” He asked. His voice echoing through my mind.
“She cannot die.” I growled turning to pace yet again. He looked into the forest, his ears slanted slightly down, “I know brother.” He told me, “I know.” He let out a sigh.
“How do you know?” I demanded, “I love her!” I barked. He winced. The mind communication was simpler when we were wolves, it was also based on emotion, and it got the point across more easily. I had forced that one on him rather hard, it could be overpowering at times, but at the moment that was how I felt.

“I know.” He said again, “Damien has gone back…Jessie seems to think we can trust him, but I don’t like it. If he gets caught…” Harvey growled shaking his head.
“I know.” I told Harvey, “And I don’t like lying to Rory. She’s in grief over him…and that angers me.” I growled and snarled. I hated Damien, because Rory loved him. I knew she did, even now when she thinks he’s dead. I had almost bitten his head off when he had been in her room when she was sick.”

“We are under orders.” Harvey reminded me.
I growled a deep rumbled, “I know.” I was frustrated, angry, and afraid. And I hated to admit it. I suddenly collapsed unable to hold myself back any longer I howled long and loud, howled until I couldn’t anymore. I howled in anger, sadness, fear, and hate. Then I took deep breaths, Harvey simply watched.

“If Damien finds out that the cure is…not a rumor.” Harvey said carefully.
“I cannot depend Rory’s life on that blood sucker…and what if he gets caught? What happens then? All hope is lost.” I growled again and began to pace once more.
“She may not even die.” He reminded me softly. I stopped and faced him my lip pulled back over my sharp teeth, “How many of us originally survived?” I growled. He looked away, he didn’t need reminded. “Exactly.” I spat. My chest seemed to rumble a growl continuously as I paced.

“And if the cure is real?” Harvey asked.
I stopped and looked him straight in the eyes, “Then I’ll tear down all the walls and blood suckers to get it for her.” I promised.
He snorted, “Don’t be so cocky.”
I growled, “Would you expect me to do any less? Harvey, you once loved… you know how I feel. I would go to the ends of the earth for her, I would die for her, if she…” I could say it. I would die, if she died. That was all there was to it.

“Does she even love you?” He asked finally.
I my head lowered and I looked away, “I don’t know.” I sighed. Then we both sat in the woods in silence. Thinking.

~ ~ ~ ~

When I woke up again, I had to clear my head. To remember everything that happened before I had fallen asleep. Something had happened with Mason and I. I felt for him, I needed him now, I looked around the room but he wasn’t there. Why did I need him? I didn’t even like him. There was a light tap at the door and then it opened. Blue’s face popped in then grinned when she saw I was awake. She jumped onto the bed, smothered me in a hug, and pulled back. “Your finally awake!” She beamed.

“Hi Blue.” I smiled at her.
“So you know everything now?” She asked me. I nodded, “I’m sure there are some things I don’t know, but yes, I basically know everything now.” He clapped her hands happily and right there on my bed she transformed into a wolf, in a blink of an eye. She was black, just like in my dreams, and her right front paw was white, her eyes were strikingly blue. She yapped at me with her tongue out and wagged her tail.

“Your acting more like a dog if you ask me.” I said to her, “And…I’m still not really used of….everyone turning into wolves.” I admitted. She let out a sigh, and in a flash was Blue again. “Sorry.” She grinned, “I’ve just been waiting to show you. Everyone is happy that they don’t have to hide themselves anymore. I know Dave has been dying to tell you that he was the first one you rode on.” She chatted happily.

“Yeah…I know it was Dave now after they told me about the wolves. It’s funny though, he was in my dreams as a wolf, so were you...” I told her with a shrug. She snapped her head to look at me as if I had just said something lethal, “That’s also-”
“-What did you just say?” She asked interrupting me.

“About what?” I asked.
“Something about dreams.” She was suddenly listening to every word I said very carefully.
“That I dreamed about Dave being a wolf…but I didn’t know it was him at the time. I had a few dreams actually…now that you mention it.” I rubbed my hair trying to remember.
“How many dreams? What were they?” She asked very seriously.
“Calm down Blue they were just dreams…fever dreams. They didn’t make any sense what so ever. So don’t freak ok?” I said raising an eyebrow worriedly.

“Just answer my question Rory, how many fever dreams did you have that you remember?” She asked.
“Umm.” I closed my eyes and ticked them off on my finger, “Three or four?”
“Was is three or was it four?” She narrowed her eyes.
“What difference does it make?”
“Just trust me. Three or four?”
“Four.” I said after a moment of thinking.
“Positive?”
“Yes.” I said with a single nod. She stood from the bed and headed for the door.
“Where are you going?” I called out.
She turned as she opened the door, “Just stay here.” She grinned then she was gone.
What the heck was that all about?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one i a little bit confusing as well, but I promise all of it will make sense. = )

I want comments you guys. Please? Even if its just a HI. Profile or story I dont care, just say hi or something, I'll even reply!

_CORRI_