Power Of The Moons.

Chapter 21

I sat in my bed against the pillows. I was getting bored being in bed, but I didn’t want to get sick again. So I rested. I found myself actually wishing Mason would show up, I needed to see him, and I wasn’t sure why. This was part of the reason I wanted him to show up, so I could figure out what was going on.

After about an hour after Blue left, she came back with Jessie who looked anxious, along with Blue who was nearly bouncing on her heels. Jessie pulled up the chair next to my bed without missing a step and sat down while Blue fidgeted.

“I need you to recall your dreams.” Jessie said leaning forward, on elbow propped on his knees so his chin could rest on his hand.
“They were just dreams!” I said shaking my head. Unbelievable.
“Just humor me…please.” He added. My eyes widened, he had just said please to me. I sighed, “Fine, but I might miss a few things. It’s been a little while, and they were just dreams.”
“Just do the best you can, every detail, no matter how simple, just tell me. Let just say I have a fascination with dreams.” I nodded and then began to tell him about my dreams.

~ ~ ~ ~

It took a full hour for me to retell my dreams. Jessie would stop me and ask me details; I tried to the best of my knowledge to answer them. “Then after he told me to choose he ran off. After that I don’t remember anything more.” I shrugged. Jessie and Blue both sat there staring at me with wide eyes with their mouths open a little; Blue had taken a seat on the edge of the bed early on. “Like I said…fever dreams.” I told them.

“Yes, but not just any fever dreams Rory. These are wolf dreams, Night Curse.” He clarified, “Wolfs are connected to dreams, we all have dreams, strange sometimes yes, but it’s the way of the wolf. Native tribes thought wolves were spirit guides, in a way they were right, but we just dream.”

“So you’re saying that my dreams are…connected with the Night Curse?” I asked skeptical.
“Yes.” He said simply, “I do indeed. Don’t you see the significance Rory?” He asked leaning forward with a smile pulling at the corners of his lips. I looked to Blue, she was simply beaming with delight. I frowned, “No I don’t.” I told him truthfully.
Dreams are connected with wolves and you are dreaming.” He emphasized slowly. I thought for a moment what he meant then it hit me.

“OH!” I gasped, “That means I’m wolf…or going to be one!” I exclaimed.
“Yes!” Blue yelled out, suddenly I was laughing. We all were, even Jessie. It was a good moment in my life. I wasn’t going to die…I was going to be a wolf.

~ ~ ~ ~

After we finished laughing, I got curious again, “So what do my dreams mean?” I asked, “Or are they just dreams?”

Jessie took a deep breath to stop his chest from shaking; I was surprised that he was genuinely happy to know that I wasn’t going to die, “They mean much.” He said seriously, “The first you dreamed was a glimpse, or a…how do I say?” He paused a moment to think of the right way to word what he was trying to explain, “It’s like a glimpse of the future that you could have if you chose it. The second dream has something to do with your past. The third has something to do with your present. And the last…?” He sighed, “The last is the most mysterious of all. No one knows what it means exactly, but we do know it has something to do with helping guide you in your life.” He shrugged, “That’s really all we know, the reason it was important to know how many dreams you had was because four is how many dreams people have when they are infected to become a wolf.”

I nodded my head, “That’s a lot to take in.” I told him.
He nodded, “I know. If I were you, I would write the dreams down as soon as you can, so you may go back and read them in the future. So you don’t forget any details.” He said tapping his head. I nodded.

“So that’s it then?” I asked.
“That’s it.” He said, “Welcome to the pack.” He grinned.
“Thanks.” I smiled.
“Mason is going to love this!” Blue smiled.
“Mason!” I exclaimed, “He still doesn’t know!” I said pulling the covers off me. I was wearing sweat pants and a loose shirt. Jessie stood up, “Hold on Rory. You still don’t have your full energy, the sickness takes a lot out of you. I will find Mason, and I will give him the news personally. Don’t worry.” He smiled then left.

After he left Blue turned to me, “So about your future dream.” She said.
“Ya?” I asked.
“Mason was in it, and you two were in love. What do you mean ‘Ya?’” She mimicked.
I smiled, “Honestly Blue? I don’t know yet. I think I am starting to get feelings for him, but I don’t know…” I shook my head and shrugged.

“You know he’s going to choose you right?” She asked.
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“The Bonding Ceremony, where you get chosen. I’m assuming Jessie told you about that?” I nodded.
“Yea he said I had to go because someone here wanted to….choose me…” My eyes widened, “Mason?” I asked shocked.

Blue nodded her head, “Duh. He’s in love with you. You two are meant to be together, we mate for life. Which you also know. I knew it from the beginning, which is why I pressed you to go with him on the dinner and stuff, I knew because that one time when you ran from him and came to my room he said he followed your scent. We can only smell the one we are in love with, or meant to be with and like Jessie said, if you choose it you can have that future.” She explained.

“Huh.” I said, “That’s interesting.”
She nodded, “He also told me that’s why he gave you the white flowers. They reminded him of your smell.”
“He told you that?” I asked.
“Of course, I’m your friend, and he asked me multiple times if I knew whether or not you liked him.”

I leaned my head back and closed my eyes, “This is so much Blue.” I told her.
“First Mason, then the virus, then the possibility of me dying, then finding out I’ll live, now love?” I shook my head.
“I know.” She told me, “But love comes easy if it’s meant to be, just don’t block it out.” She smiled.
I gave a half smile, “I guess you’re right.”
“Of course I am.” She stood up, “I’ll leave you to it then, I’m sure Mason will be here soon enough.” She turned to leave.
“Blue?” I asked.
“Ya?”
“Do you love Jason? Can you smell him?” She turned to look at me; a small smile came to her lips.
“I do love him Rory. I really do, and when I realized and accepted it…I could smell him. Yes, he will choose me and I will choose him. See ya Rory.” She left.
“Can I fall in love so easily?” I asked quietly to myself.
The answer? I guess I’ll just have to find out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its short again. This story is moving right along, im not exactly sure how much we have left, but we are half way at least I do believe. You all liking it so far? Comments? Concerns? Suggestions?

_CORRI_