Power Of The Moons.

Chapter 22

I was getting irritated again with sitting and doing nothing. So, I decided to sneak out and leave. I sat up slowly and got onto my feet even slower so I would not be dizzy. I was surprised and how weak I was, my legs shook violently, threatening to collapse at a moment’s notice. I stood by the bed for a minute, unsure of whether or not I should trust my legs.

I took a small step and wobbled for a moment, my balance was off. It was strange, almost like a small child trying to learn how to walk. Only now, mom and pop weren’t here helping me balance. It was all me.

I took more steps feeling more confident and finally reached the door and managed to get it open. To my surprise, the door didn’t lead to a hallway, it led to a small living room with a study and everything. Wow. Jessie really did have it good. I let out a frustrated sigh and made for the next door, I just wanted to get out.

The more I moved the more my legs seemed to cooperate, but still they were weak, and shaky. I finally made it out of the hall. To my surprise, the hall didn’t have any doors down along it, and his room was at the very end of the hall. A dead end, so he had tons of privacy. I snorted, spoiled.

I made my way along the hallway when a huge gray blur whipped by me. I fell on my butt with a yelp. Suddenly the gray mass was there next to me again, this time I saw it was Mason.

~ ~ ~ ~

Harvey stayed with me in the woods; he was a good brother, a friend even. He had watched my back numerous times, just as I had with him. The night I had been wounded by the Vampires had been the night Rory and I had first laid eyes on each other. Harvey had been worried sick. No one had ever seen him so worried.

I was still going over plans in my head of how I would get the cure for Rory if Damien came back with good news, or if he came back at all. I growled with the thought, I hated that man. There was something about him that was off, he wasn’t like normal blood suckers…he was different. And that sent me up the wall, I didn’t trust him. But Jessie was the leader of this pack, and he deemed it safe. I growled again.

“I’m honestly surprised you both haven’t run off to kill half the population of Vampires.” My head snapped up, Jessie was in his wolf form. He was a dark tan color with gray running down his tail. He was normal wolf size, not large, at the moment.

I showed my teeth, “Can I?”
“No. I don’t want you wandering off on some suicide mission. Besides, I come with good news, great in fact.” Jessie said. My ears pricked forward, “Rory is going to live Mason. She’s had four dreams, wolf dreams.”

My heart stopped beating and time as I knew it seemed to stop, “She not going to die.” Jessie told me, “Mason?” I was stunned, happy, shocked, a million emotions were flowing through my veins. she was going to live. It hit me like a brick wall, SHE WAS GOING TO LIVE! I shot forward faster than a bullet and through the woods. I ran faster than I had ever gone before in my life as a wolf. I was at the waterfall before I realized I had already jumped down the cliffs rocks. I passed under the thunderous roar and ran full speed down the halls, growing smaller as I did. People turned as I passed but I was a blur to them, moving at inhuman speed. I reached the lone hall and bounded down it, passing Rory in the hall I headed to the door. I stopped. Rory?

I turned my head, she was on her butt, I must have knocked her over. I spun and in two quick leaps I was next to her. She looked up at me, we looked into each other’s eyes and in that moment my heart pounded a million times.

~ ~ ~ ~

He transformed into his normal self and kneeled next to me, “Are you alright?” He asked, “I’m sorry.” He said.
“I’m fine Mason.” I told him. My heart pounded in my chest, and it wasn’t from being knocked off my feet.
“What are you doing out of bed? You’re supposed to be resting.” He lifted me to my feet, put an arm around me for support, and turned me back around.
“No, please Mason, I don’t want to go back.” I frowned, “I just want to get out. Please.”
He looked down at me, and then looked over his shoulder. “Alright.” He said lowering his voice, “I’m going to change, get on my back and hold on ok?” He slipped his arm back and formed into a wolf. I slid onto his back and held on best I could. I was still weak so staying on him was harder than I imagined; especially when he had to jump up the cliff side. I nearly fell off, and then in a few short minutes we were under the willow trees.

I laid down and I slid off and collapsed into the flowers and grass. It smelled heavenly, the rain wasn’t covering the smell of the flowers like it had the last time I had come. Mason collapsed next to me as a human and looked up into the willow trees. The river bubbled nearby.

I took deep breaths and let the air clean out my lungs, I felt alive for the first time in days. “Thanks.” I said turning my head to look over at him. He was looking at me already. I couldn’t tell his emotions, he was simply, watching. He nodded his head once; I looked away into the trees. My heart pounded violently.

“Will you take me here more?” I asked him. He propped himself up on his elbow, “Look at me.” He said. I turned. “I’ll make a house here for you if you asked it.” He said sincerely. I giggled and to my surprise I hugged him I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face into him. His open armed wrapped around me and pulled me down, so we just laid under the trees and listened to the wind and river. “We should go back.” He said sitting up and he turned into a wolf. I sat up and rested on my knees, he faced me his ears back slightly. I reached out, ran my hand through his fur and down his neck, and stroked him. He put his ears back, pressed against my hand, and closed his eyes with a sigh. Then he grew large so he would be able to carry me.

As we ran through the forest, I had a though and laughed, “Soon I won’t need a ride anymore.” I told him and I held onto his fur. I saw his ears go back, but he didn’t stop until we were back to my old room. I slid off of him and he turned and helped me to the bed and pulled the covers up. I was surprised at how sleepy I was.

“Sleep, I’ll bring dinner for you later.” He bent over and kissed my forehead and then left. I fell asleep, quite content with the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nothing much to say today. Hope you liked!

comments and banners
_CORRI_