Power Of The Moons.

Chapter 28

Then the sun went down fully and instantly my body went into convulsive shock. I felt as if my lungs were going to collapse, instinctively my stomach tightened and I took deep breaths. “Rory calm down.” Jason was on his knees in front of me. “Listen.” He told me, “It’s like throwing up, it’s going to happen anyway, so don’t fight it. Relax your muscles and just let it take over, it won’t hurt I promise, just don’t fight it.”

I was fighting it, “I can’t.” I told him between clenched teeth.
“Let go, just relax for a second and it will happen.” Jason told me. My body sent a violent tremor down my spine. I took a huge breath and released my muscles
.
Just as Jason said, it happened in a flash. My body felt as though I was dipping between cold and hot water repeatedly. It didn’t hurt, it felt normal, natural even. My body stretched and before I knew it, I was looking at paws. My paws. I wiggled the end of my nose, and shook my whole body. Then I turned my head, and wagged my tail.

I was a wolf.

Instantly my head pounded, like rock against rock. It was like a thousand voices ringing in my head, ten times louder than normal. I cried out, only it sound wolf like, and I went to cover my ears.

“Block it Rory.” I looked up, Jason was a wolf.
“It’s the minds of the people closest around here, you can hear them. You have to block them out.”
“How?’ I thought.
“It’s a natural ability. You just need to calm yourself and think.”
“That’s helpful.” I barked at him then closed my eyes. My mind was buzzing; it pounded painfully, like a bad headache. I took three deep breaths and then, like an off switched, the noise stopped.

“Good.” Jason said.
“You alright Rory?’ Damien asked worried.
“Splendid.” I said getting up on all fours. I wiggled my paws and moved around in a circle, it was like testing a new car for the first time. I had to get used to it.

“Wow.” I said, “This is so weird. I’m actually….a wolf.” I moved my ears around. I noticed that when I moved them I could hear different things better. So that’s why they did that all the time. I put them flat against my skull and let out a growl.

“What’s wrong?” Damien and Jason both asked looking around.
“Nothing, I was just seeing how that felt is all.” I pulled back my lip and grinned. Showing my teeth off, “This is fun.” I commented. Crouch low to the earth then pushed off and pounced on Damien and we crashed to the ground. I laughed and bounced off him and landed next to Jason.

Damien got back onto his feet and stood there somberly, he wasn’t very fun. “What’s wrong?” I asked him then I looked at Jason, he too was mellow.
“How do you feel?” Damien asked me.
“Fine….why?” I asked looking down at myself. I was a red brown, just like I was in my dream.
“Well, normally first timers aren’t so…” Jason struggled.
“Energetic, happy, casual, normal?” Damien offered, and Jason nodded his head.

“What do you mean?”I asked, “I’m a wolf aren’t I?”
“Yes, but even if you are meant to be so, or born naturally with it, you’re not supposed to be so…normal about it. It’s a big jump in life going from human form to wolf form, your acting like you’ve done it all your life.” Jason said and Damien nodded his head.
“I am?” I asked.

“Yes you are, besides the twirling in circles, you’re acting very…calmly.”
I shrugged, “Sorry?”
Damien shook his head, “No this is a good thing, you already learned to block out the voices of other minds further away, and you’re already used to moving.”
“Well I only jumped…” I said quietly.

“Let’s run then.” Damien said. So we ran. Everything felt as though I was experiencing them for the first time, the woods were so much more alive than I remember, the smells were so much fresher and stronger, I could hear things, sense things. I felt….awakened.

Running with four legs was difficult to get used to, not that I had trouble; it was just the mental part of it. I had to think four legs instead of two. And when I let it, I could feel the moon’s power against my back, it was the same sort of feeling as the sun in the summer against your skin.

I started to think about the moon, let it absorb into me. It was so strange being able to do such things. However, I let it, and that is when I ran into a tree. I yelped, wiggled my nose, and shook my head, “Ouch.” I whined.
“What did you do that for? Can’t you see straight?” Jason and Damien were running back to me.
“Yes I can see, better than then normal actually…I just…wasn’t paying attention to where I was going.” I told them, “I was experimenting with the moon’s power.” I wiggled my nose and looked up.

“They were staring at me wide eyed.”
what?” I asked.
“You were experimenting with the moons power?” Damien repeated.
“Yes. Why?” I asked.
“You’re not supposed to be able to do that.”
“What do you mean? Of course I am. I read it in the old doctors’ journal. That and the fact that mason, and Harvey and all them do it.”

“That’s not what I’m saying. Yes, as a wolf you’ll be able to use the power of the moon, but as a new timer…you’re not supposed to be able to do that yet. It takes years to learn to control, yet alone feel it.”
“This is weird.” Damien said, “She’s breaking all the rules.” He turned to Jason, “What does it mean?” He asked.

“I honestly don’t know.” Jason said truthfully. I rolled my eyes, “We should get back to the Vampires they are waiting.” Damien said. I nodded my head, and we ran back silently. I broke all the rules, as Jason put it, that and I now knew that I was a dreamer, whatever that meant. Why did everything happen to me?
~ ~ ~ ~

When we came crashing out of the underbrush, the Vampires shot their heads up. I shook the leaves from my fur and approached, Damien and Jason at my heels. The leader looked at me, “Your color…” He said slowly, “I’ve never seen such on a wolf before.” I shrugged.

“Shall we go?” I asked him. He winced and took a step back.
“Please do not attempt to communicate with me through the mind. It hurts.” He said, “The others will simply have to return to their normal form and translate until you are able to switch back into your formal self.” The Vampires looked at Jason and Damien expectantly.

They transformed, “She wants to know if we should get going.” Damien said running his hand through his hair.
“Oh.” He said, “Yes, I supposed we should. However, I do believe it would be wise to form some sort of battle plan first. This facility, it’s not a simple enter and leave, its heavily guarded, and meant to catch and contain wolves.” I frowned.
“Damien, ask him what will happen to the others that were taken.” He relayed the message.

The Vampire shrugged, “At first I assume they will each individually be placed in silver cages, and then sorted accordingly. Most will be used for lab testing, the younger ones may even be attempted to be tamed; however unlikely that is to happen. In the end, they will most all be killed.”
I let out a growl, “How much time do we have before that starts happening?” I asked.
He shrugged, “Hard to say, a few days maybe. We will be hard pressed to make it back in time, so what’s the plan?” He asked. I sat down, then suddenly, I had an idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait. Ok let me explain a few things, that may be confusing. Wolves speak through thoughts and emotions. But for you guys reading it, it just seems like they are talking normaly, like humans, thats because it seems normal to them. So ya, now that that is cleared up. How are you guys liking the story so far? Enough action? Good plot? Do absolutely hate my characters? I LOVE feedback, good bad, or just even saying hello if you never had before. I normally always reply to comments and stuff. = )

_CORRI_