Power Of The Moons.

Chapter 29

The plan was simple enough to understand, it simply dealt with lots of little details. I was currently riding in the back of the armored vehicle with Damien and Jason. It was morning, and I had changed back into my human form. We were sitting on the benches that were on either side. Damien was sitting next to me, Jason was across from us, looking at a small photo of Blue that he kept on him at all times.

My head slumped over onto Damien’s shoulder, “Uncle?” I asked sleepily. We had hit the highway about an hour ago; it would take a long while to get to the facility. I could tell Damien smiled, “Yes niece?” He asked.
“I think I know why you reminded me of someone, the time when you took me from the city.” I told him, “It was because we’re family.” I yawned.
“You reminded me of someone to, my sister. You are like her in so many ways.” He said with a sad sigh.
“Tell me about her?” I asked.

“Sure, try to sleep though. You need your rest.” I nodded my head and he sighed, “Well she was my twin sister.” He said, “The day she died was the day I lost my other half, I’ve never felt the same since.” I closed my eyes and listened to him talk. “She was beautiful, and I beat up many boys that broke her heart.” He laughed lightly, “Not like she really needed me to beat them up though, she was tougher than most of the men she dated. It just looked better when I punched them in the face.” I laughed quietly.

“As we grew older though, she finally found a man worthy enough for her. My best and closest friend, he was the only man that I agreed with her liking. He treated her right, and he would be able to protect her. Or so I thought.” Damien sighed, “War came to our lands, and we joined the army. He always had my back, and I always had his. We were put onto a special force. We were spies, and once after two years of being away from home, we were on our last mission where we were ambushed.

“I was the only survivor to make it out alive. When I returned home, I found out that my sister had had a child. She had also died in childbirth. I had lost everything dear to my heart I was devastated. So naturally, when the government offered me something, I took it without questions.

“I was taken to the facility, the place we are headed to now though back then, it was far less guarded and beat up. I turned over my possessions, my dog tags, and I left my identity behind. I was theirs, to do whatever they wanted.
“The first testing’s were simple, blood tests, simple athletic ability test, simple. But then, I became their lab rat, they did unspeakable things. Though in the end, when all was said and done, I was what I am now.

“At first I was a Vampire, normal as they wanted, but as time passed, strange things began to happen to me. I found myself staying longer in the woods for missions than necessary. I found myself running with the animals, I found that dogs liked to follow me. Something that never happens to normal Vampires. When I went into the cities, I didn’t find the need to kill humans, though the thirst was still there, I didn’t have to bite them. I was able to control it.” Damien was flexing and un flexing his hands, and shaking his head. I looked up to Jason, he was fixated on Damien, engrossed into Damien’s story.

“Then finally, years back, I changed for the first time. When the full moon came, I felt something else inside of me, a wolf part. Though I am unable to change fully into a wolf form, I can change half way, because I am just that, half wolf, and half Vampire.” Damien sighed, “When the facility found this out, they sent true Vampires to hunt me down. And well…you know the rest.”

I looked up to Damien, “I thought you said you didn’t remember your past life.”
He looked down at me, “I remember what happened closest to my changing, anything to far before that, and it’s a blur. But I remember what I was thinking about before I changed. I don’t remember details either, like my favorite foods, or the name of my best friend, or my real name for that matter. Things like that were just…lost.”
I let out a sigh and closed my eyes again, “I like your name now.” I told him.
“I like it to.” I could tell he was smiling.
“Good night Rory.”
“Good night Damien.” I yawned and fell asleep.

~ ~ ~ ~

We drove straight on, stopping only once for a few hours. The wolves went off to hunt for food; the Vampires went off to a nearby town to feed. I stayed near the vehicles, I wasn’t feeling very well. My stomach was churning, and I was exhausted. Nevertheless, I was fighting sleep, I didn’t want to sleep, I was afraid of what I might see. I formed into a wolf; I let the amazing senses of my new body distract me as I ran wide circles around the vehicles. I pushed myself to unbelievable speeds; I almost wondered if it would be faster to run to the facility, but then again, we needed to vehicles…they were a part of the deception.

The Vampires were back first, they stopped and formed a group and watched me run around the vehicles. I only noticed them when one of them cleared their throats. I pulled back nearly sitting on my butt to stop and then looked up. “What?” I barked angrily. All of them winced and touched their heads. I shook myself and formed back, “Sorry.” I told them, “I forgot.”

“I’m sure.” I one of them said sarcastically. I growled, “Listen bloodsucker, I’m not like the other wolves around here. I was human until your kind came and ruined everything, I was studying to be a doctor, I had my own apartment, my own life and friends, but you all ruined everything.” I had my fist clenched and I was barring my teeth like an animal. I took a step back and shook my head, facing my back to them. I took deep breaths, “Forgive me.” I told them, “I don’t know what came over me.”
“I do.” I turned, the leader of the Vampires, Jackson, spoke up. “It’s the animal side of you, it’s taking over. You need to learn to control it, before it controls you.” I scoffed.
“How would you know that?”

“It’s true.” I turned, Damien and Jason were back already in their human forms, “The wolf is a wild creature, you need to learn to control it or it will take over. The reason the walls of the all the cities, and highways were built were because of the original wolves. They were mindless creatures that enjoyed killing. We are decedents of them, another form of the experiments, we are able to control the beast within, and you need to learn to do the same before it controls you. Or else you will one day find yourself unable to turn back to human, and then one day you won’t even remember yourself at all. This is why the government feared us.”
I was caught off guard, “So you’re saying that I could lose myself?”

“Yes.” I felt suddenly very dizzy; I collapsed to the ground and groaned. My head pounded as though I had the worst headache in history, my stomach churned. My mind was in a fog, and I felt myself falling asleep. But still I fought against it, but it was not use, my body demanded the rest it needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry Its been a while you guys, Ian came and left. I had such a wonderful time with him! I've missed him so much, and seeing him again was like...well there are no words to discribe how happy I was/am! Well I hope you enjoy!!
_CORRI_