Power Of The Moons.

Chapter 33

Blue was still shocked silent. She hadn’t spoken a word in over ten minutes. I simply watched her, and let her process everything I had told her. I even told her that I was a dreamer. She was still shaking her head, her eyes were wide, and if she had been in human form, I figured she would have her jaw dropped.

I let out a sigh and looked around the room. I saw others that I recognized, little girls that had played soccer, a women or two I had helped heal, and others I had seen but didn’t know. I turned back to Blue she was still silent.

“Blue?” I couldn’t take it anymore.
“Hmm?” She asked distractedly.
“Blue, come on seriously I need you to focus here. Do you understand what I have told you?” I asked her, “Do you understand why I’m here now? Trusting the Vampires?” I asked. She nodded her head slowly, and then shook it.

“Sorta.” She said, “I think I have everything…but Rory you have to understand that this…this is a lot to process.” I nodded my head.
“I know it is Blue, but I need your support, I need to know that you’re with me on this.” She nodded.
“I’m with you Rory. I just….a dreamer?” Her eyes glazed over when she said it, “Wow.” She sighed.

“I know. I’m not happy about it.” I told her.
“What?” She said surprised, “Are you crazy?! Wolves would kill to be a dreamer; I haven’t heard of anyone having that power for….well for a very long time. That gift is powerful Rory, be glad you have it. You alone may be able to shift the balance of this war.” I sighed.

“I know….trust me.”
Blue grinned, and then she faltered, “I hope Jason is alright.”
“I’m sure he is.” I assured her, “Last time I saw him he was well enough. Minus the silver, but he wasn’t dying.” I smiled, “Don’t worry; he can take care of himself.” Really, I wasn’t so sure, I was also worried about Mason. I hadn’t caught a whiff of his sent or a whisper of his voice since coming here. Normally wolves could communicate over great distances, but here, everything was like a TV on a fuzzy station.

She nodded her head, “This is still so crazy.” She said amused, “And Damien…a mix…unthinkable.” She looked a little disgusted, “To think that our races can actually live in harmony...” She trailed off.

“I know. We have been blood enemies, but we can find peace. We must.” She nodded her head and laid down and yawned. I was tired to, the silver was draining the energy from me, it wasn’t solid silver but it still was enough.
“Well goodnight Rory.” Blue yawned again.
“Good night blue.” I laid down and rested my head between my paws. “Good night mason.” I whispered then closed my eyes.

~ ~ ~ ~
A few days passed and I was beginning to get very irritated. I hadn’t bathed in the moon for quite some time, and I was kept waiting to see the doctor. Then finally, men came and led be back down the familiar hall and into the lab.

Once the door had closed and the camera had been turned off he turned to me very anxious. “This journal.” He held up the familiar journal, “Is amazing.” He breathed, “Everything in here, things we never knew about your kind.” Then he took out a white flower, “And these, these are amazing.” He placed the journal and flower on the counter.

I raised an eyebrow, “What does the flower have to do with anything?” I asked.
“It’s the key to the cure!” He said amazed, “The flower, when put into a powder, it’s the key to curing the virus.” He shook his head, “Amazing.” I couldn’t help but stare with my jaw open. The flowers that mason had given me were the cure to being a wolf. I shook my head; this was too much to process. “So will you let me see Mason now?” I asked him, “Now that you have your cure?”

He looked up at me and nodded, “He is already being fetched.” I smiled.
“Thank you. Thank you so much.” He nodded once and went back to pouring over the journal. I sat anxiously on the cold table. Then the door opened and three Vampires each were holding onto a pole with a silver loop on the end. They were pulled a charcoal grey wolf into the room with great difficulty.

“I can’t wait for this one to be killed.” One Vampire growled and pulled on the pole. Mason! I nearly jumped off the table towards him, but I waited. His nails were dragging across the floor, he was growling, and his lip was pulled back over his teeth. He snapped at a Vampire that got to close, but he missed. I took a deep breath as his full body came into view, he was bloody and beaten, and I couldn’t even imagine what he would look like in human form. Mason heard the gasp and looked straight at me. He stopped growling, he stopped struggling, he stood up straight and looked at me. I managed to smile at him, but seeing him, hurt was painful to me.

“What?” One on the Vampires looked confused then saw that he was looking at me.
“Well look there, the beauty tames the beast.” He kicked Mason in the ribs, but Mason ignored him. He didn’t look away from me.
“That will be all gentlemen, thank you.” The doctor shut the door behind them. I jumped off the table and threw my arms around Mason’s neck and despite myself, I cried.
“Mason!” I whimpered, “I’m so sorry.” I felt his body shift and he turned human. His arms wrapped around me like a python and his face buried into my hair.
“Rory.” He whispered, “I thought you were dead.” I pulled away and smiled at him.

“No…no I’m alright.” I told him. We both started laughing this was a good moment. Then I took a moment to look him over. Half of his body was black and blue he looked horrible. Mason noticed the doctor and his eyes became dangerous.
“No Mason. It’s alright, he’s helping us.” I stood up and helped Mason to his feet. He was shirtless, and wore jeans that were ripped and bloody. Overall, he looked horrible.

“Helping?” Mason asked venomously, “How is he helping?”
“He brought us together didn’t he?” I challenged, “Listen; there is a lot I have to tell you. Sit down.” Mason sat, but he still watched the doctor warily. I told him the same thing that I told Blue, the doctor also listened intently transfixed with my story, but I didn’t mind, I needed to gain his trust as well, just as the dream wolf had told me. After I finished I took a deep breath and waited for Mason’s response.

He slid off the table and turned his back to me deep in thought. After a few minutes he finally spoke up, “You’re a dreamer?” He asked amazed, just as Blue had been. I nodded once. He shook his head, “Incredible.”
“Is that why you fell asleep?” The doctor spoke up and asked. I looked at him and nodded.

“Yes, it’s also how I knew that you would need the journal and how I know that I can trust you not to use the cure against us. Only for yourself and those who are in danger.” The doctor nodded as if in a trance.

“I will help you…” he said, “I see that I must. This world has known nothing but war…a chance for peace, that is something worth fighting for, dying for even.” He nodded. I turned to Mason.
“So you see? This is why I am here Mason, are you with me?” I asked him. He looked me in the eye.
“You’re asking a lot from us Rory.” He told me.
“I know, but you must see that it is the only hope of anyone to survive.”
He nodded, “I understand, and I am with you. I’ll always be with you.” As he said it, I felt that he meant it in many ways, “So what’s the plan?” Mason asked me.

I smiled, “Well the Vampires I teamed up with are supposed to be winning over other Vampires but I don’t think it’s going as smoothly as they wanted. So I am thinking of a backup plan…with the help of my dreams. The doctor here was the first step, now? Well I am not so sure. The original plan as I said was to win the Vampires over from the inside, and then take down the government and stop the experiments and live life peacefully. Which I truly believe can happen, we saw that the two can mix in a person, so why not the world?”

Mason nodded his agreement, as did the doctor, “So we wait for your dreams?” The doctor asked.

I shrugged, “I guess that’s all we can do. I mean we could try to form a plan…but as we know that could turn out not so well. Therefore, I guess we will just have to sit tight and wait for the next dream to lead me. But until then…” I turned to the doctor, “Do you think somehow you’d be able to let me get into the moonlight? I need to get my energy back…as I told you I am affected worse by the silver than most because of my ability.”

The doctor nodded his head and rubbed his chin, “I might be able to help you. Both of you just sit up there on the table and give me a moment.” He went out the door leaving Mason and me alone. I turned to him and he enveloped me into a hug and kissed my forehead, “I missed you so much Rory. I was worried sick every moment. I didn’t know what happened to you, I didn’t even know what to think or expect.” He told me.

I smiled, “I know. I was worried about you to…I heard that they were going to kill some of the troublemakers, and I had a feeling that you would be one of them. How are the others? They separated the males and females.”
He nodded his head, “Yes that they did.” He nodded, “The others are fine…for now anyway. But let us hope that your dream comes shortly, time is not on our side I’m afraid.”

“I understand.” I said, and then smiled again. “I’m just happy your ok.”
He grinned, “And I am happy that you are alright as well. Still…a dreamer? It’s hard to wrap my mind around; I’m assuming that you are red?” He asked.
I nodded and grinned, “As red as can be, I wish I wasn’t I stick out like sore thumb.” Mason chuckled a little bit.
“Dreamers have always been red. It strikes fear into the hearts of those that recognize the color. They know you’re power, and will more often than not back away from fighting you. I have a feeling that you have only just started to discover your power. From what I have heard from stories, they were some of the most fearsome fighters and negotiators.”

I shuddered, “I don’t want the power…” I told him honestly, “I just want to be normal again.” I looked at Mason, “But if bringing peace means that I must deal with the burden, then I will.”
Mason smiled, and the door opened. The doctor was back with two Vampires on his heel. “So as I was saying I’ve isolated the virus within their blood-”

“-I really don’t care about the science doctor. All I need to know is if it’s safe?” The doctor nodded his head and waved to the two of us, “Yes, they will be unable to grow in the moonlight, but the moonlight should still affect the blood, which is what I need to study now for the next part of my antidote. There is no risk I assure you.”

The Vampire grunted, “If I see them grow or try to attack I’m shooting them in the brain with a silver bullet. Is that understood doctor?” He asked, the doctor nodded then he turned to us, “That understood beasts? If I see so much as a threat, you are going to be put down like an old dog. Understood?” The waved a hand gun up in the air. Mason nodded once and I actually smiled and nodded.

“I don’t think we can anyway with the stuff he stuck us with.” The Vampire grunted again and one of them each grabbed a handful of our shirts at our shoulders and led us out. Then finally we were led to a courtyard, surrounded by guards on the high walls surrounding the facility. The sun was just going down, but the moon would still be able to rejuvenate us. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and let every fiber of my being relax and soak in the power. Mason was doing the same, he was smart enough to play around and act as if he was not able to grow. It was hard to not turn into a wolf and feel the moon, being in human form wasn’t as potent, but it would have to do.

They let us soak for about fifteen minutes, before they finally herded us back inside and back to the doctor. Once the door closed Mason and I both let out a sigh of relief, “I feel so much better.” Mason said and I simply nodded and smiled. I felt great, “Thank you.” I told the doctor, “This will help…a lot.” He nodded and waved his hand and looked back to the journal.

“So have you made a cure for yourself yet?” I asked him.
He shook his head, “Not quite yet, but very soon I will have one together. Maybe even by tomorrow, this little flower is simply amazing.” He shook his head and went back to reading.
Mason looked over to me, “The flower?” He asked.
I nodded, “Yup. The flower is the key to the cure, crazy huh?” Mason nodded bewildered.
“Very crazy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
YES! Another chapter written. Sorry It's been a little while.
Comments and stuff would be amazing!
_CORRI_