The Sweetest Ecstasy, The Perfect Sin.

And Then There Was Life.

MY POV

It had been weeks since I had learned anything about Gerard, months since we’d spoken, more months since we had seen each other, and almost years since we had touched intimately.

Not that I’m counting.

Our ship has sailed, as gracefully as the Titanic. I was still in the tight circle of Frank’s friends, but whenever he came back to Jersey, it seemed as if he were only visiting. We rarely ever spoke about Gerard and never ever mentioned our relationship. In my mind Frank had been relieved of our falling out.

That was all before early 2005.

They had come off one of their countless tours and Frankie, Mikey, and Ray were in Jersey for an actual stretch of time. It was November, and Jamia, Sid, Natalie and I could barely hold our excitement, our boys were commin’ home for Christmas! We had the greatest time and it only took a couple days for our guys to fall back into a completely normal routine. It had been two years since I could say that. Frankie had told me in confidence that Gerard was in California, but coming back to sleep on his mom’s couch. I sort of felt bad for the guy. His previous girlfriend, Olivia, had recently broke things off to go out with Bert. I couldn’t think of a worse way to end things. I dreamed of the day Gerard and I could finally become friends and rag on our bad taste in boy/girlfriends.

Maybe that day would come, maybe not.