The Sweetest Ecstasy, The Perfect Sin.

In My Sick Way, I Want To Thank You.

Image

I made it home and sat down at my kitchen counter. Flashbacks of me and him making out on top of it kept clouding my better judgement. Picking up the phone, I dialed the number. I glanced at the clock on the wall, 2:37. The phone was ringing as I popped open a can of Diet Coke.

“Hi.” Gerard answered the phone, like he knew it was me.

“Hi. Gerard?” Shit, he surprised me and I choked a little on my Diet Coke.

“Yeah, it’s me.”

“How... how are you?”

“Me? ... I’m fine. How about you?”

“I’m pretty good. Having fun playing your little game,” I instantly regretted saying the words, I sounded like such a cold-hearted bitch, but really, I was just trying to make a joke, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean any-”

“No, it’s fine. I’m sorry about this... Well, actually, no. I’m not sorry. I’m not sorry about talking to you.” He schizophrenically argued with himself.

He sounded so suddenly... aware. Aware of himself, aware of our situation, aware of everything. His confidence and composure surprised me.

“Well, good. Me neither.” I said.

There was silence for a moment, when we both started saying something at the same time.

“So, what-” I said.

“I want-” He said, simultaneously.

“What?” I asked first.

“I want... I...”

It sounded as if he were now drowning in his words, like all his previous self-assurance was completely drained from his body. I patiently waited for him to compose himself.

“It’s okay. You can-”

“No,” He spat out suddenly, “No, I don’t want to take it slow, Kat. I want to see you in person so we can talk.”

“Well, wh-”

“Now.”

“Now?”

“Yes.”

“I can’t now.”

“Why not? I thought you were okay with what we are.”

“Okay, first of all, that came out of no where, and secondly, I don’t have to comply with-” I felt myself about to say something really catty and unnessecary, so I took a deep breath and tried again, “Where are you staying? I thought you were in L.A.”

“Meet me at...,” He ignored me, “...meet me at Tick Tock.”

I hated it when he ignored me, “You’re so fucking nostolgic Gerard.”

“So sue me. Are you coming or not?”

“I’ll come-”

“Good. Meet me there.”

“When- ...Hello?”

He had hung up on me. I threw the phone against the wall out of the frustration of knowing I would go.

You’ll Be To Blame, By Playing This Game, And Learning That True Love Exists.

I got in my car, angry at myself. Driving there I started crying. I pulled over to the side of the road. I had to let it all out now, so Gerard wouldn’t see me.

After about ten minutes, I wiped my eyes and put the car back in drive.

Reaching for the Tick Tock’s door handle, I took a deep, deep breath. Looking up from the floor, I locked eyes with Gerard. He looked just how I looked. His eyes were a bit red and a little puffy from crying. His hair was a mess, but he was still running his hands through it, trying to do something with it.

I walked over and sat across from him at the booth.

I couldn’t think of anything to say and started to chew on the inside of my lip as we stared at each other. His let out a quick laugh and looked to his left out of nervousness and feigned a cough into his fist.

GERARD’s POV

Fuck.

I love when she does that.

I mean, I loved when she did that.

Get a hold of yourself!

Now, say something you fucking asshole!

You drug her down here in the middle of the night.

MY POV

He started to pull on the front of his hair again making me smirk.

“You know that won’t make it grow back any faster.” I said about his habit.

“Yeah... I know. It’s just really weird still, ya know?” He said.

‘Weird?’ I thought about the situation and how ironic his comment was, ‘Yeah I might know a little about weird...’

“Why’d you cut it? I mean, I like it, a lot, but I was just wondering.”

You like it?... um, I don’t know, I just did. The new record had a little to do with it. But mostly I was sick of looking like everyone else on the planet.” He explained.

Classic Gerard fashion, never a conformist.

“Well, that makes sense,” I paused for a minute, just watching him scan the room, “I really do like it.”

He half-smiled and sipped his cup of tea.

That’s right... tea. Damn, he really has changed.

“You look good, too. Nice, I mean.” He complimented me, trying to sound disconnected.

The waitress came over and asked me if I wanted anything. I didn’t order anything, just asked for a glass of water.

Gerard’s POV

‘Think of something to say, Gerard. Think of something, think of something, think, think think, think...

Fuck...’

MY POV

“So, what number is this.” I asked holding up the piece of paper.

“Oh, it’s my new phone. Some show gave us all Sidekick III’s.”

“But, Mikey said that he didn’t know that number.”

“It’s a new number cuz I changed the service to be international.”

I gave him a strange ‘aren’t-you-all-high-and-mighty’ look and took a sip of my water.

“Uh, yep, I need that type of shit now that we travel all over the place.” He explained.

“Cool.... Um, so how has recording again been like?”

“Great. It’s a bit strange. Well, I guess it’s always been that way, but I’m way syked to be back with the guys again.”

“Cool, great, awesome.”

He looked out the window that we sat next to.

“This water tastes like fucking horses...” I said under my breath.

“What?!” He laughed.

“What? It totally does! Try it!”

“No! I trust you...”

“Oh, c’mon, just take a sip.”

He laughed a bit more, “Fine!”

He took a small sip and looked up at me. I watched him with a slight grin, my chin resting on my hand.

He coughed, “Yeah, you’re right, it does,” He agreed with a smile.

We gazed at each other.

“Why are we here, Gerard?” I wondered to him, shaking my head.

“The truth?” He asked, I nodded my head, “Because.. I... m- ... I mi-... I want to bury this old, rusty, beaten hatchet-”

“I miss you too, babe.” I finished his thought.

“I need to be with you.”

“I love you, Gerard Way.”

“I LOVE you, Katmandu.” He threw his head back and smiled.

He returned to look at me and we leaned into a kiss. Looking into his green as green can get eyes, I thought I was dreaming.

“Is this for real, Gerard Way? And if it is, how the fuck are we gonna do this?”

He raised his eyebrow and grinned a grin with a plan, “Run away with me... For real this time.”