‹ Prequel: Creation

Salvation

The Escape

My name is James and I’m in Huntington Beach. You know me well, though those facts aren’t about my life. I’m the clone, the one that should be with Niamh now, the one that was, however, betrayed by the real James – who was supposed to help me, but did nothing instead.

I was supposed to cross the mirror and meet my soul-mate, but something broke the mirror in too many pieces to count. That was when I was left alone and crying, without knowing what to do, without the magic diary to help me. The real James had taken it with him, away from me, while he went back home. I, however, had to stay with nothing but my pain and a bunch of useless broken pieces.

My name is James, you already know, and I’m in Huntington Beach. I’m spying the ‘perfect’ couple, James and Leana and if I didn't know the truth, I’d be confused and jealous – but now I know that I’m just a clone and that i'm not supposed to be the one with that gorgeous woman. They’re in a city garden, enjoying the sunny day, playing with their first son, Chris. They’re laughing as if there were no ghosts from the past that could haunt them. They are wrong, though. I finally made it here and I can’t see the day when I meet him again. He will be so surprised by my appearance. I bet he never thought he could be disturbed again by Niamh’s existence. I bet he thought his fate had given him only luck and nothing big to worry about.

He’s wrong though. I am in Huntington Beach and I won’t stop until I meet him and ask him for the book, to try and find Niamh at last. I still love her, even though I haven’t been able to see her through any mirror. I tried in other mirrors, but no shape came to my eyes. I guess that mirror was really special, really magical, the only one that could show me Niamh’s figure, who waited for me.

Leana is pregnant again and they've been happy since the first day I’ve found them and started to spy them. It’s was something like two years ago, I can't be sure, but I remember how I escaped form the house.

There was some weird and dark spectrum rambling around that place, a masculine and old one. I don't who he was before he turned into a ghost, but it clearly is some ancient soul related to the house, I can't be sure. He gave me an opportunity to get out of there, to search for this man, James, who had left me there, who condemned to a life of solitude and pain. However, I had to search for him by myself from the start, he clearly made me see that he wouldn't help me with anything

The spectrum told me he could even make it worst for me to find Niamh, although I didn't believe in him because I still don't see why he would do such a thing. And after all, I had, and still have, this strong hope that she is waiting for me, no matter where she is now.

I took one year and a half to find James; I found some people who came to me in an excited and noisy way, calling for me, complementing me, knowing every possible detail about, hell, James's life! I accepted them gladly. I know it isn’t a good way to behave myself, as I’m not the real James, but he took away my opportunity to be happy. As far as I know, he didn’t break the mirror – he wasn’t close enough, but he didn’t wait for me to calm down either. He just left, probably scared that I would blame him for what had happened. I know that doubtless I would end up blaming him for it, but on the other hand he had no reason to take the book. It meant nothing to him, but to me it could tell me another way of meeting Niamh.

James had taken my chance of being with the love of my life, the one I am supposed to love until eternity. Now I want my revenge. I don’t want to give him Hell, I don’t want to destroy him, but I want to talk to him and take that book away from his hands. I want to know if there is any other way of finding Niamh. I feel that, as a dead soul, her father’s spirit could do something about the gap that the broken mirror had brought to my life again.

I feel it and, as soon as I find James alone, I’m gonna do everything to be sure of that.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is one of the differences from the other stories: there will be different Points of View on this one, because it will facilitate the comprehension of the story. Enjoy =)