‹ Prequel: Uncle Good Riddance

Daddy Cool

6.

We drove around for hours, simply searching the entire area around our home and trying to calm ourselves down. For an hour, we couldn’t talk to each other, we couldn’t find any words to express .

“Bo, I promise you we’ll sort this.” Tre said as we pulled up at the roadside after two hours of searching.

“How? How can we possibly sort this out?” I put my head in my hands, sighing deeply. “We might as well face it, we’ve failed her. We’ve failed our little girl.” Tre’s arms found my shoulders.

“We haven’t failed her.”

“Of course we have!” I shot at him, “How have we not?”

“Bodaceia, we are not responsible for the decisions our children make. They are old enough now to know better.” His hands grabbed my cheeks and forced me to look at him straight in the eyes. His mouth caught mine in a fierce, passionate, angry embrace. He broke away from me, leaving me wanting more at the most inappropriate moment. “I love you, and Lord knows I love our children but it comes to the point my angel where we can’t protect them anymore. I know it’s tough, I know it’s hard, but we have got to let Willow make her mistakes and pray she wakes up and realises them before it is far too late.” I stared into his eyes. The eyes of the man I loved so much and I knew he was right.

“I know.” I whispered, tears welling.

“Bo, she’s a clever girl, we’ve got to put our trust in her.” I smiled weakly at him. He believed so deeply in what he was saying that the words put my worries to rest.

“I love you.” I whispered, capturing his lips once again.

We returned home to shouting, arguing.

“What’s going on here?!” Tre bellowed, rushing into the living room. Freya was stood over Willow who was sprawled on the sofa, and Raiden was sat on a seat looking shaken. I went to comfort my boy, wrapping my arm around his already broad shoulders and holding him to me.

“What’s wrong with her?” He asked me in a hushed tone. For the first time I saw Willow with new eyes; her skin was shallow and dirty looking, the natural tan she usually had this time of the year was washed out of her skin, it looked almost a pale yellow colour – unnatural. Her eyes had deep purple marks under them, her beautiful hair was lank and lifeless.

“Willow, what the hell are you doing to yourself?” Tre demanded, standing in front of her. She shrugged, she couldn’t care less.

“Raiden, go upstairs.” I murmured to him, rubbing his back softly.

“Why?” He complained. Tre had flipped out his phone and was ringing Mike and Billie for help. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Willow, where have you been?” I asked her.

“Mom, don’t dare pussyfoot around her!” Freya snapped.

“Don’t try and parent me young lady.”

“Mom, she is a fucking mess! Send her to rehab or something.”

“Yeah Freya, that’s the greatest idea. Can’t you just see the headlines?”

“Oh my god, you’re worried about the headlines? Are you kidding me?!”

“It would ruin your fathers career, or do you not care about what keeps this family afloat? Because God knows I haven’t been able to do my job lately with all this going on!”

“I love how you think I am obviously so materialistic!”

“Are you trying to deny it?”

“You’re a joke! You’re wasting time fucking having a go at me while she sits there coked out of her head!”

“Bodaceia. Freya. Stop it!” Tre shot at us as Billie, Adrienne and Mike entered our house themselves.

“What’s going on here?” Billie asked. Adrienne came over to my side straight away, enveloping me in a side hug.

“Look, the heroes have arrived.” Willow rolled her eyes. I sat on the arm of the chair next to Raiden. I glanced at the clock.

“I’m so sorry Tre dragged you out at this hour everyone.” I apologised.

“Billie, you know what’s going on. We need help. We can’t cope alone.” It was the first time Tre had admitted any weakness. He was my strong man, and I needed him to be strong.

“It’s okay, Tre, I have an idea.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Honestly - I have no idea where the hell this is going. Idea's WELCOME!