Sequel: Stay Forever

Forever Friends

Trying To Be A Good Mother Is Hard

Mike, Billie and Tre stayed at my house. But soon enough they had to go home to Oakland. To their own life's. I mean Mike hade is daughter Estelle that was 1 year and his wife Anastasia! So how did you think I felt when I had kissed him that day? I felt horrible! And Billie Joe had Adrienne and Joseph, that's soon, was going to turn 3, and another one on its way! And Tre had his daughter Ramona that was also going to be 3. So I mean! They had started their life, without me. And that was that. Mike was now taken. It was November '98. They had been staying for my house in almost 3 months. Billie had already gone home because of Adrienne giving birth to Billie's second son, Jakob. And today, the other two was going home. They had just stayed to celebrate Michealle's seventh birthday. And those going home broke little her heart.
Michealle hugged Tre and walked over to Mike.

"Do you have to go daddy?" she asked as a tear was strolling down her cheeks.

"I'm afraid so. I have to home to Estelle and Anastasia," Mike answered and hugged his daughter.

"But you my father!" she said angry.

"I know but I'm Stella's father too. But I promise I'll come back and visit. And next time I'll bring Estelle. Okay?"

Michealle looked down and nodded. They hugged one last time and Michealle ran into the house. I looked after her and sighed.

"So..." Mike started.

"I think this is it then," I said and smiled a little.

Mike and Tre nodded. I hugged them both. I gave Mike a quick kiss on his lips.

"See you in my dreams babe," he whispered into my ear.

I laughed a little and he wiped the tears away from my eyes. Then they got into the taxi and drove of. I sighed and walked into the house.

"Michealle?" I said.

I walked out to the backyard. She was sitting at her playhouse. I walked over to her.

"Why is life like this mom?" she asked. "All I ever wanted was him to be here. And then finally when he was, somebody else has already taken him."

"I know babe. But the point is that he knows about you now. And that's all that matters!" I said. "But if you really want him to be here, just close your eyes and wish!"

She closed her eyes and I could see that she was really trying to wish him back, but how could I tell her that stuff like that doesn't work? I sighed and kissed her cheek.

"I love you Michealle,'" I said and hugged her.

"I love you to mum. Goodnight," she said and smiled.

"Sleep well Cutie Pie."

"Cutie Pie? You haven't used that since I was 4 or 5."

"You were 4 when I started to call you Cutie Pie. Now sleep. You have school tomorrow."

She nodded and I kissed her forehead and started to walk over to the door.

"Mum?"

"Yes honey?"

"Do you think that daddy ever will love me? I mean like he loves Estelle?"

I walked over to her again. I looked into her blue eyes.

"I think he will. And I think he does. And if you like. You can call him tomorrow. Okay?"

"But isn't it night there when its morning here?"

"Well.. Yes, but I don't think he would mind."

"Okay. Love you."

"Love you too. And now you're going to sleep young lady or else!"

With that she closed her eyes and was fake snoring. I couldn't help but laugh. And then I walked out of the room. I never thought I would be a good mother. Apparently, I was. I walked down in the kitchen as one lonely tear found its way down my cheek. I sighed. Never in my life had I felt so empty inside. Well I had my family, that was no doubt 'bout it, but there was still one part missing in my life. And that part was Mike...