Status: Around about the middle. Prequel to the main plot. =)

Hollow Repentance

Unexpected Delays - cont.

- - - - - Torren's POV - - - - -

I calmly looked on as the amazingly boisterous child in my arms refused to back down. For a young girl, I had to admit, she was strong. Watching as she became increasingly annoyed with herself and me, I chuckled quietly and murmured, just loud enough for her to hear,
"You never give up, do you? Don't worry, I will be patient with you. This time."
Staring at her, I could see my former self in her actions, forcing a smile to break at the corners of my mouth. I waited patiently, holding her more firmly as my powers took effect. Not long later, her struggles weakened and I leant back slightly to allow her motionless body to fall gently against mine.

Her skin felt warm to the touch and I savoured the feeling as I lifted her into a bridal-style carry, and set off towards my mansion now in the distance. Even though the sun had begun to rise, I moved slowly and carefully along the path, trying hard not to wake or unsettle the human before at least reaching the gates this time. I gazed at the carefree child sleeping peacefully in my arms, and sighed quietly as her head burrowed into my chest. Finally reassured nothing else could go wrong today, I closed my eyes as I walked, (since I could walk these paths blindfolded) and a quick flashback fogged my mind; a dark hospital room, a small silhouette tossing and turning in the bed before me.

I forced my eyes open and shook the suppressed memory back to the rear of my mind, looking upon the gates just ahead. I stopped as the gates opened out for me and whispered (seemingly to myself),
"This is it."
— :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: —
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that this is so short. It is the end of the chapter, but I'm splitting the POV's so its clearer... and I have more chapters...

Enjoy =)