Status: Around about the middle. Prequel to the main plot. =)

Hollow Repentance

Who's In Charge Here?

- - - - - Izzy's POV - - - - -

I froze and jerked my head up; staring in horror at the two figures at the opposite side of the small room. I dared not move, worried that they might call Torren and allow him to drag me back into that room. I felt like a freak show in there, it was driving me crazy.

"Excuse me, little girl, but I think you're in the wrong room. This is my son's room. And-- And--"

I gasped as the woman leaning over her young son, who looked no older than seven, burst into tears and sobbed uncontrollably into her hands. I pulled myself to my feet and limped quickly over to her, distorting my face in agony with each step. Gently resting my hands on her shoulders, I lead the woman to her seat and stood beside her with a hand on her shaking shoulder, as if she would fall apart if I didn't hold tight.

"I can't leave him...but he needs Mr Jimby, his teddy bear. I don't know what to do, I don't trust the nurses to watch over him and the doctors are all too busy with some special case. Hey, will you watch over him? I'll only be gone about ten minutes, I promise."

I didn't think that Torren would appreciate me agreeing to take care of a child when I was injured and, at the moment, missing in action but, then again, when did I ever listen to what Torren had to say?

"Sure, I'll stay. Take your time, though, rushing only causes accidents and this young kid needs you."

The woman thanked me and hastily left the room, leaving the door slightly ajar.

"So, what's your name, then?"

— :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: —