Status: Around about the middle. Prequel to the main plot. =)

Hollow Repentance

Monster

- - - - - Torren's POV - - - - -

I really didn't think it was such a wise choice; I mean, Alexis was a trustworthy friend, and I suppose Izzy would benefit from spending time with a woman, but I still wasn't sure. If Izzy wouldn't listen to me, what were the odds that she would be any different with Alexis. I turned my head and glanced at Dimi, hoping for some advice, although I was sure to get none.

Suddenly, Izzy's muffled scream silenced and I twisted my head back around to her.

"Ouch! Izzy!"

Feeling her sharp teeth clamping around my hand, I pulled away and rubbed my palm tenderly. Glaring at the child, I snarled and Alexis watched Izzy in amusement as she casually limped slightly towards her. Izzy was within arms reach of Alexis when the seething pain returned in her leg and she collapsed into Alexis' arms, groaning in agony.

"Whoa, careful Izzy. Torren, what did you do to this poor girl?!"

This was going to be difficult to explain. I couldn't tell her the full story since, not only would it sound weird, but not even Izzy knew everything. I stammered and fiddled with my fingers, searching for a safe place to start. Thankfully, Dimi stepped alongside me and rested his hand on my shoulder. Sighing in relief, I smiled at Dimi and allowed him to take over as Alexis listened intently.

I laughed throughout the detailed explanation as Alexis stared down at the child in horror and, as I glanced to her also, my laughter faded away. Izzy's cheeks were flushed and she dropped her head in embarrassment. The poor thing...

— :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: — :-: —
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short little one...
I'll post another today to make up for the teensy-ness of this =)