Status: Around about the middle. Prequel to the main plot. =)

Hollow Repentance

Truth - Stay Awake

- - - - - Izzy's POV - - - - -

Drained. That was the only way I could describe how I was feeling. Shivering violently, I gasped to inhale enough oxygen to keep me alive and slowly wriggled out of my damp clothes, sliding into the long but moderately fitting pajamas; these had to be Torren's. They had his scent, wait... Torren had a scent? Clutching at my chest, I felt as though I was having a heart attack, the cold was so intense.

Even though I was struggling to keep my eyes open, I had no intention of staying down just yet; I wanted answers. I pulled myself to my feet and stood motionless for a moment. Taking a single step, a sharp pain erupted up my legs and in my neck. My knees buckled and I groaned softly; there wasn't much life left in me. Spinning around too quickly for me to comprehend, Torren's warm hands latched onto my icy shoulders as my knees struck the ground with a sickening thud. I didn't feel any pain, curiously.

Dragged back to the bed by soft gentle hands, I grumbled and pressed my hands weakly against his chest, ignoring Torren's gentle whispers as he pushed me under the covers of his bed. So soft, so welcoming. Dreamy. Before I could struggle again, the duvet was across my body, tucked so securely under the mattress that I couldn't move at all. Typical. He was way too smart for his own good. Effortlessly slipping a freezing thermometer between my chattering teeth, Torren held my chin lightly in his palm, sighing and smiling gently.

"Don't waste your energy, child; you can't go to sleep yet, so just hold on."

Growling drowsily, I wriggled lower into the bed sheets as he withdrew the thermometer and pulled it closer to his face for a reading; I'd get him back later with my new 'abilities'. The glass tasted repulsive and a lot like soap, not that I knew what soap tasted like... An expression of worry spread across his face and I frowned as my eyes slowly started to close.

"Ten degrees below freezing?! That's too cold, I'll have to hel-- Izzy! No, come on Izzy, wake up. Izzy!"

Thumping my arm with a considerable force, Torren whirled back into view as my eyes burst open. The dull pain throbbed in my arm and I wearily stretched a hand towards his throat, for obvious intentions. Softly, Torren pushed my hand back down and chuckled, throwing multiple blankets over me as Dimi and Deacon left silently, nodding to each of us as they left.

"T--Torren, wh-hat's g-goin-g on? I-I-I feel s-so c-cold!"

My heart leapt as Torren was suddenly gone; he just disappeared, again... How the hell did he do that? Wait, I could run faster now, could that be the same sort of thing? Burning hot arms wrapped around my stomach and radiated heat into my body, causing the hairs on my arms to stand up on end. Torren... Gently rocking my numb body in his, Torren whispered in my ear as I snuggled into his chest and sighed gently.

"I'm sorry, Izzy, this was never meant to happen. We'll get through this, don't worry; just warm up a little then you can go to sleep. Okay, child?"

I felt my face flush suddenly, regardless of how cold I actually felt, and burrowed deeper into his chest, allowing my muscles to relax I gained control of my limbs once more. Eventually, I warmed up completely and pushed away from a content Torren, staring up into his alluring colourless eyes. My face dropped as Torren gripped my shoulder gently, frowning.

"What did you think you were doing out there, child? You could have died!"

I winced as his voice rose to a yell and sank into the covers, shying away incase he got angry with me again. Wrapping his hands around my upper arms, Torren lifted me until my face was level with his and raised his eyebrows, obviously irritated as he waited for a response. I sighed and dropped my gaze; there was no way I could escape...
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry they aren't very long, but you must consider, compared to a lot of stories, mine are in tight paragraphs, not one sentence per line. Let me know what you think! I wasn't sure how Torren should keep Izzy awake, or how you're supposed to treat possible hypothermia.