Status: Around about the middle. Prequel to the main plot. =)

Hollow Repentance

Too Much To Handle - Too Far?

- - - - - Torren's POV - - - - -

I leant against the door, listening to her sobbing echoing through the hallway. I don't know why, but hearing her upset like that made me feel the same way. With each sob, it felt as though my heart was breaking and I didn't like the feeling. Could it have been that I was feeling sympathy for her?

I had never felt such strong feelings of regret from my actions before, it was entirely new to me. I could sense it within her, the pain that built up from the moment I leaned over her, the agony I brought to her. I could hear it even, but something within me wouldn't allow me to draw away, something that stopped me from leaving her side.

I smiled slightly, recalling what had just happened and muttered to myself,
"Torren...I guess she must have picked that up from Dimi. The idiot. I would have told her my real name if I didn't think she would hand me over to the police if she ever escaped. Plus, it's amusing to think she actually believes that to be my name. Oh well..."

Sliding into my room, I pressed the door shut and sighed,
"...Poor child."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it's so short...but I thought that it was a sweet little filler...