Status: Around about the middle. Prequel to the main plot. =)

Hollow Repentance

Human Consideration - Regret

- - - - - Izzy's POV - - - - -

My heart stopped. Drink blood? It may have been alright for Torren and the likes, but certainly not for me. Twisting on my toes, I accelerated quicker than I had wanted back towards the Tower door.

"No!"

I was metres away from the handle; I thought that I was going to make it, but Torren was ready for me. Suddenly, I heard a clatter of footsteps and gasped as Torren's arms latched in a vice grip around my upper body, crushing me against him and the motion tackling me to the ground. I squeezed my eyes shut and braced myself for the pain as he landed on top of me, crashing onto the cold hard ground. Nothing happened. Was I unharmed because I was a--a vampire?

My mind was still reeling and I didn't pay attention when I was flipped onto my back and a large hand tangled roughly in my shirt, forcing me to sit up. I snapped back to reality.

"Get off of me, Torren!"

Kicking frantically, I gasped as his legs locked over mine, every move I made countered by Torren in some form or another. His power really annoyed me sometimes. I whimpered softly and struggled desperately as I spotted the bottle in Torren's hand; blood. No way! Threateningly, I snarled and thrashed my arms wildly as the last line of defence. As expected, it didn't affect him.

Gasping as the throbbing sensation returned at my temples, I panicked as the bottle was thrust roughly between my parted lips and the repulsive liquid gradually trickled across my tongue. Sickening. Tears streamed down my cheeks and I choked as Torren withdrew the bottle, several drops weaving down my chin; even the feel of the blood on my skin disgusted me.

As I started to retch, Torren stood slightly and hovered above me, ready to leap back if I threw up. Luckily, I hadn't; yet. Taking what might have been my only opportunity, I shoved him away and glanced to the doorway. Well, I wasn't going to jump out of the window!

Still retching, I spat the putrid substance onto the cool stonework and leapt to my feet, more nimble than I had ever remembered. Apart from the blood, so far, being a vampire rocked!

Torren narrowed his eyes at me as I twisted towards the door and took a final angry glance back. I burst at an outstanding speed towards the door and tore it from its hinges; literally. I guess I wasn't quite used to the powers yet. Without thinking, I raced down the spiralling staircase and heard - yes, heard - my heart rate soar as I neared the bottom of the stairs; I was almost free. I needed somewhere to go, somewhere to think about things; being a vampire, whether I could trust Torren anymore, what I was going to do. How to get home.

Suddenly, I pulled to a sharp halt as I approached the bottom of the stairs, the open door revealing a looming shadow. I didn't even need to look to know it was Aldin; now I was closer, I could smell him. That part freaked me out. His aura was unusual and menacing, worse than Torren's by far. Pausing several steps away from Aldin, I stared in horror and gulped as I heard something I never wanted to hear again.

"Izzy, get back here. You'll regret it, child!"

Spinning around, my breath shallowed and I slowly tipped my head back to catch Torren's menacing stare barely a foot behind me. Trapped again. There were reasons that there were never any witnesses to vampire attacks; they were way too good in combat and controlling their senses. Glancing between Torren and Aldin, I realised that, this time, I'd probably have the best chance against Torren; Aldin was just too unpredictable.

Darting towards Torren, I groaned as an icy hand latched around the wrist of my injured hand and felt my shoulder pop. Even though the agony subsided almost instantly, it still ached for several moments longer. My legs dragged on the stairs as Aldin reeled me in and I twisted to face him. Attacking his chest with my clenched fist, I pounded as viciously as I could, cringing slightly as I heard each sickening thud echo in my mind.

An unusually high pitched scream rattled in my throat as I started to panic, aching with each passing moment it lingered. Yet another hand shot out from nowhere, catching my other hand and dragging it away from Aldin; cheaters. Hearing Torren's irritated growls, my head jolted up and his colourless eyes locked on mine. It only took a moment for me to divert my eyes and I shrieked, spotting two prominent fangs pressed delicately against his bottom lip. He really was a-- a-- vampire!