‹ Prequel: Rehab Romances

Execution Of The Enemy

What's The Real Reason Your Here

I sat quietly at the dinner table with my sister and my husband. I didn’t have much too say on account of that my life is perfectly uneventful. But, not everybody has to be busy all the time.
Mary opened her mouth to say something, but quickly shut it again. I kinda wished she said something to break the silence.
“So, what’s your babies name?” Steven asked her. She looked up at him from her plate.
“Jake.” She smiled and then looked back down on too her plate. I could tell she hesitated to say anything. A silence overtook us all after that.
I got up and picked up Steven’s plate and placed it on mine.
“Are you done?” I asked Mary.
“Oh. Yes.” She said quietly and handed her plate to me. I put them in the sink and started to wash them.
“So, what are you doing around here?” I heard Steven ask Mary. I knew that Steven would start to get curious and start asking very random questions that really have no point.
“I, uh, got kicked out of my house and I didn’t have really anywhere else to go.”
“So, how long have you and Christina known each other?” He asked. I looked over my shoulder to see her reaction. She looked kinda confused.
“Were sisters.”
“Ha. I knew that. I just wanted to see if you got it.” He said. I sighed and dried off the last plate.
“Um, Steven, can I talk to Mary In private?” I asked. He smiled and got up and went upstairs. I sat down in the same chair and looked at Mary hard. She had a slightly confused look on her face, but looked back innocently. I knew it was fake.
“Mary, what’s the real reason you’re here?”