Status: Inactive

"I think I love you..."

Chapter 3: The Rules Still Apply for Sidney Crosby

We got in Marc's car we drove to the Mellon Arena for their afternoon practice. I was still in disbelief. He likes me! He kissed me. Oh my god.. Marc-Andre Fleury kissed me. That's when it hit me. Jordan.. What was Jordan going to say?

"Um.. Marc?" I said not looking at him.

"Yes?" He said pulling into a parking spot in the arena parking lot.

"Jordan can't know. He can't know that you kissed me, or that you like me. He doesn't really like me dating hockey players.. If you get where I'm going with this." I looked at him.

"I understand." He said sadly. "So what should we do?"

"We should just forget about that kiss. Forget that you like me. It'll make things easier." I said getting out of the car.

I saw him look at me from the corner of my eye. He looked so sad. I mean, I did like him, but I didn't want Jordan to be mad. What if Marc broke my heart? Jordan would be furious. It could break up the team. I certainly didn't want that to happen.
I shook my head and walked toward the door. My brother and Sid were waiting in front of the locker room door with all their gear on but their skates.

Sid looked around. "Where's Marc?"

I shrugged. "He should be coming. So what am I going to do while you boys are practicing?"

"You're going to sit and watch." Jordan smiled. "Sid. Take her to where she's going to sit."

Sid nodded, and I followed him out the door, and up to the seats. He pointed to a seat right behind the bench and I sat. Before he turned to go, he stared at me for a moment.

"What?" I said checking myself out. "Is there something on me?"

"No.. it's just.. you're just.. uh. Nevermind." He blushed, and quickly turned and walked away.

What?? Please don't that he likes me to! Geeze, I must be a hockey player magnet or something. I rested my head on my hand and sighed. This was going to be an interesting year.
I watched as the players began to skate out onto the ice. Jordan came over to me.

"What did youdo to Marc? He seems really sad."

"What? I didn't do anything."

Then the Pens head coach, Michel Therrien, walked over and Jordan introduced me to himand their practice began. I watched as Marc skated over to the goal. He turned and looked at me. I gave him a small smile, and he just shook his head. I saw them run through a few plays. Sid shot a goal and then looked at me, pointed and smiled.I smiled back and then mentally slapped myself. I had just told Marc I couldn't get involved with hockey players. This was not going to be good.

After practice a few players decided to go to Marc's place to hang out. I stood in front of his house, in awe.
"Wow, this is a really nice place."

"Well Tori, are you just going to stand out here and stare or are you going to come in and party?" Sid said smiling.

I shook my head and walked inside. Sitting in Marc's living room were Evgeni Malkin, Ryan Malone, and Kris Letang. Jordan immediately walked over and sat between Ryan and Kris. I just kinda stood there.

"You can sit next to me, if you like." I heard a deep think accented voice.
Evgeni Malkin was smiling at me from the couch.

"Hi, I'm Tori. I'm Jordan's sister."

"I know. I'm Evgeni. Call me Geno, please."

"Tori!" I heard Marc yelling my name from inside the kitchen.

"Hey, I'll be back Geno."

I walked over to the kitchen and stuck my head in the doorway.
"Yes, Mr. Fleury?"

"Come here."

I hesitated for a moment, then walked over to where Marc was standing. He stared at me for a moment as if thinking of what to say. After a few moments he finally spoke.

"Do you know that Sid has a little crush on you?"

I thought for a moment. So that explains why he looked at me like that, and he must've scored that goal in practice for me. I smiled to myself. Sid the Kid has a crush on me. Wow.

Marc spoke again "So, what? Are you going to change the rules for him?"
I looked up at him, he looked hurt.

"Marc, the rules still apply for Sidney Crosby too."

"For now.." He said and walked out of the kitchen.