Status: Inactive

"I think I love you..."

Chapter 8: Summer

Fast Forward to the off season:

Marc and I had been getting closer and closer everyday. I had now moved in with him and was spending alot of time with him. He still seemed as though he was hiding something. Kristen and Sidney had gotten engaged about a month ago. Their wedding is in August, and I'm the maid of honor! Nichole moved in with my brother, and Val moved in with Kris. We were going to the beach as a group this summer. We rented a beach house for a whole week and we were driving to the beach.

As soon as we got to the beach house, each couple picked a room.

"Hey girls and guys. Let's go to the beach!" Kris said excitedly.

We all changed into our swimsuits, got our towels and headed to the beach.
Kristen and Sid were party poopers and layed on the blanket making out the entire time, while the rest of us went into the water.
We were all laughing and splashing around. Kris thought it'd be funny to dunk me under water. Only, it wasn't. He held me under a little too long. I came up coughing and gasping for air.

"Kris - that wasn't - funny!" I said between breaths. "I could've -died!"

"Aha! But you didn't." Kris said now throwing sand at me, getting me all yucky and gross.

"Ugh! Letang! You're lucky I'm all gross right now or I'd come over there and beat you silly! I said getting really angry.

Jordan laughed "Tori, you're like what? 5'3 and weigh like 110? Letang is like twice your size. You couldn't kick his ass even if you tried."

"UGH! I'm going back to the house!" I said stomping towards the house.

I was almost to the house when I heard someone behind me.
"Tori, wait!" it was Marc-Andre.

I turned to look at him. "You didn't even try to help me, Marc."

He gave me a sad look. "Tori I'm sorry. Kris was just joking around."

"But even so, how can I know you'll always be there if you don't have my back with little stuff like this?"I said.

"I'm sorry Tori." Marc said leaning in to kiss me.

I turned my head to reject his kiss. "I'm going to take a shower and then a nap. I'm not feeling to great right now." I said not looking at him, and then walked into the house.

It's true I may have overreacted a bit, but considering my past...
You see, I had dated a hockey player back in Thunder Bay about a year ago. His name was Seth. He was a jerk, but I didn't realize it. I was in love, or so I thought. Anyways, we were at this party and there was alcohol there. I had one too many and ended up getting sick and passing out. When I came to I was at my friend Emma's house. She had told me that after I got sick and passed out, Seth went and found another to girl hang out with. He didn't even bother trying to take care of me. He and the new girl ended up sleeping together. He didn't even bother to call me and see if I was okay. I was afraid Marc would do the same thing. Maybe if I slept it off I'd feel better.

After taking a shower, I went and took a nap in Marc and I's room.
I woke up to Marc laying down next to me.

"What time is it?" I asked still half asleep.

"It's 4:30. You've only been asleep for an hour. How are you feeling?" he asked.

"I'm still a little tired, but I feel a little better. What are you doing here?" I asked wondering why he wasn't at the beach.

"I missed being with you, I didn't want you to be mad at me, and you worried me a little when you said you weren't feeling good after Kris held you under like that. So, after you fell asleep I came and layed down next to you." he said grabbing my hand.

I looked at him and smiled "I'm sorry. It's just... " I told him everything. All about Seth.
When I finished he looked at me. "Tori. I would never ever do that to you. I love you. I love you more that you even know. Really."

I smiled. "I'm so glad to hear that." I kissed him on his forehead, and closed my eyes. "I love you Marc-Andre."

And I fell asleep in his arms