Status: Updates: As fast as I can.

You Are All That I Have

Chapter 1: I would've done anything for you

Hey Audrey.. It's me.
Give me a call when you get home.
I sort of have to talk to you.


I called him back as quickly as I could. Any second I could talk to him made it all better. My heart fluttered when he answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Kris, hey, it's me." I answered happily.

"Oh, hey Audrey. I have something to tell you." he said. There was an edge in his voice that made me worry.

"What is it? What's wrong?" I asked.

"I.. I was drafted into the NHL by the Pittsburgh Penguins." he said, but he didn't sound happy.

"That's wonderful! This is good Kris, why don't you sound happy?" I said, begining to get that queasy feeling in my stomach. I knew the answer already. We'd talked about this so many times. I just couldn't believe it was happening.

"Audrey, I'll be on the road alot. You'll be in college. We'll have no time to see each other." Kris said "You know what this means."

I wanted to cry. I loved him. I didn't want to lose him. "I-I know."

"I'm sorry Audrey. It just wouldn't work. We can still be friends. When the Penguins play against the Canadiens we can always hang out. " he said, trying to find the positive things.

"Yeah.. Well, good luck Kris. I'll be rooting for you." I said trying to keep the tears back.

"Thanks. Bye." he said, and hung up.

I let the tears fall and did what anyone in my situation would do; I ran. I moved to New York City. I graduated college early, and got a job at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Not a day went by where I didn't think of Kris Letang. He was the only boy I had loved and the only boy I ever would love.

****

We had met our freshman year in high school. He was on the hockey team, of course, and I worked part-time at the ice rink. I really wasn't into sports, I was an artist, I painted, but there was something about the ice. I was drawn to it. I was there for one of the hockey practices and he came over to theskate rental where I was organizing the skates.

"Hey do you think you could... whoa." He had said.

"Erm.. excuse me?" I said. I was wondering what the heck a hockey player was doing talking to me. I wasn't exactly the prettiest girl in school.

"I was wondering if you guys could sharpen my skates.. but you look to young to be able to do that.." Kris said.

I shook my head. "You're right. I'm 15. I can't operate the sharpener til I'm 18."

"I'm 15 too. What's your name?"

"Audrey. Audrey Phyllis" I said smiling.

"I'm Kris. Letang." he said returning the smile.

From then on Kris and I became best friends. We were inseperable. We went to homecoming and prom together. After a year and a half of being friends, Kris asked me out. I had never been more happy in my entire life..