Status: Updates: As fast as I can.

You Are All That I Have

Chapter 11: Now what happens?

What a weird dream.
I opened my eyes to an unfamiliar room.
There were beeping noises in a monotonous rhythmn.

"Audrey! You're awake!" A voice said. But it sounded far away almost like I was underwater.

Where the hell was I?

I sat up and looked around. I was in a hospital room. What the hell happened?

There was a scruffy looking man sitting in the room. He was smiling at me, and it was kind of creeping me out.

"Hi." I said cautiously. "Do I know you?"

The man's face fell. "You don't know who I am? I'm Max. Max Talbot? You don't remember?"

Although his face wasn't familiar, his name was. Where have I heard it before?

"I'm sorry.. I don't remember you..." I trailed off. "But please, could you tell me how I got here?"

He sighed. "I should've figured this would happen. The doctor said there could be some short term memory loss. It's quite a long story, but you fell down the steps and hit your head. You have a couple bruised ribs and a concussion. You have amnesia. Which is why you don't remember me."

I took a deep breath in, trying to calm myself down, I noticed the twinges of pain. Most likely because of the bruised ribs.

"So, how do I know you?" I asked Max.

"Well, I'm your boyfriend. But I'm not your boyfriend. Well, you just met me 3 days ago. Um... yeah. Does that make any sense?" He rambled on.

My head was spinning. "No..."

Just then another man came in the room. He was tall with dark hair and gorgeous teeth.
"Audrey!" he said, his french accent very evident.

"Um. Hi. I know you too?" I said with a small smile.

"Oh shit. Yes, you know me. I'm Marc-Andre Fleury. Your friend." He said and turned to Max. "What the fuck happened?"

Max shrugged his shoulders. "She has amnesia. The doctor said it would only be temporary."

Marc-Andre raised an eyebrow. "How temporary?"

"Oh, you know. A couple hours, days, weeks... months.." Max said, his voice getting quieter as he neared the word "month".

"Fuck. What are we going to do?" Marc-Andre said running a hand through his hair. "Kris still thinks the two of you are dating. Who knows when he and Amy are going to get married. It could be any day."

I cocked my head to the side. "What's going on? Who are you talking about?"

"Kris Letang." Marc-Andre stated, and then sighed. "How can I explain this. You see-"

"Wait. Kris Letang? My old boyfriend? How did this happen? I just broke up with my ex, Brandon Dubinsky like 3 weeks ago. Why is Kris speaking to me?" I was so confused.

The two guys stared at me like I just shoved my whole arm in my mouth.
"You dated Brandon Dubinsky?" Max said.

"Yes." I laughed. "He plays for the New York Rangers' hockey team. Have you heard of him?"

Marc-Andre sighed. "Yes we've heard of him. Bastard scored his first NHL goal against me. Very good player though."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "You guys play hockey?"

Max petted my head. "Yes darling. We play for the Pittsburgh Penguins. You're currently in Pittsburgh. At Mercy Hospital to be exact."

"Oh! Duh. That's where I know your names from. You guys play with Kristopher." I said, finally putting two and two together. "Okay, can you please explain what is going on?"

Marc-Andre and Max explained the events of the past few days. I honestly could not recall a single thing. It was almost if I got so smashed and could remember the party the night before. My head was spinning.

"Well it seems as if your plan failed. Kristopher is going to marry his girlfriend after all. He's doesn't love me. Even while we were dating I couldn't get him to fall in love with me. I think it's just best if I go home to New York. This is all too much. I said laying down.

Max grabbed my hand. "Audrey. Please stay."

I closed my eyes. "Max. I can't recall anything about this place. Maybe if I go home I'll remember."

"Please, don't you even want to see Kris?" Marc-Andre suggested.

"I don't know what good that will do. He made it quite clear 3 years ago he didn't want to see me. So what's the use?" I shook my head. "I have to go home."

It was then that the doctor came in with a wheel chair, to discharge me. "Well, are you all ready for us to send you home?"

"Oh yes, I need to get on a plane to New York as soon as possible." I stated.

"Well, I don't think that's wise to travel under your condition. I think you should wait a week, get plenty of rest and let those ribs heal a little, then you can get on a plane back to New York." he said writing on his clipboard. He then looked at the boys. "I expect you two to take very good care of her." And with that he left the room.

I sat there with a disgusted look on my face. I was in a strange city and and couldn't remember a thing. All I wanted was to go home. Too much drama for me.

Just then, Sidney Crosby came into the room.
"Hey Audrey! Sorry I'm late. Traffic was bad. I'm glad to see you're up and looking better. How long are visiting hours, because I haven't put money in the meter yet."

"Oh, don't bother Sid, they're sending me home." I said smiling at his familiar face.

Wait a second! I remember Sid! "Whoa!" I shrieked.

Max and Marc-Andre looked from Sid to me with their mouths open.

"How is it that she can remember who you are, but she can't remember a stud like me?" Max said waving his hands.

Sid smirked. "What can I say? I have an unforgettable face."

Marc-Andre rolled his eyes. "Come one Audrey let's get you home."

I got in the wheelchair. And Max pushed me out to the car.

"Once we're home, I'm calling up Kris." Marc-Andre said. "So we can straighten things out."

Great. Now what am I supposed to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone! Well yes, it has been quite a long time. I know the whole making it a dream thing was very cliche, but it left me no where to go with the story. But now I am inspired! Yaaay. More chapters are on the way.