Status: Updates: As fast as I can.

You Are All That I Have

Chapter 13: Well?

I don't think I have ever been more nervous for anything in my entire life.

Apparently I had already faced Kris and things were fine, but I just can't remember. I hope my memory returns soon.

Max and Sid were sitting on the couch watching TV, while Marc-Andre sat in the big recliner. Every so often one of the three would look up from the TV at the door as if looking at it would make Kris get here faster. He was expected at any minute.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. My heart was pounding and my stomach ached. I was so incredibly nervous.

"I'll get it." Max said getting up and walking over to the door. "Are you ready for this Audrey?"

"She has to be ready," Marc-Andre said, not giving me time to answer "Kris will fuck up his life and marry Amy if this doesn't happen"

"Alright." Max said glancing at me briefly before opening the door. "Kris. Buddy, we've got a lot of explaining to do..."

"Yeah well, can you make it quick?" Kris said irritably "Amy and I have go a lot of planning to d-.....What's she doing here?" He asked after noticing me.

The look of disgust on his face towards me nearly broke my heart.

Marc-Andre stood up. "Kris. Max and Audrey aren't dating. You can't marry Amy. You know she's not right for you. She's a total bitch."

Kris looked at me, and then looked at Max. "Well you could've fooled me with all the make out sessions that I witnessed."

My eyes got wide. Max and I made out?? Oh god I wish I could remember.

"Look, I let my emotions get the best of me. I'm the one that kissed her first. You have to believe me when I say that she's in love with you dude." Max said.

Kris looked at me. "Well, why aren't you saying anything?"

I stared at him for a moment. "To be quite honest with you, the last time I saw you in person, you were getting ready to leave to go to Ottawa for the NHL draft. I don't remember a damned thing from the past few days."

Kris just stared at me. "You don't remember anything? Why? What happened?"

"Well, the psycho bitch you're going to marry, went crazy and pushed her down the stairs. Which caused her to hit her head and get amnesia." Max said hotly. I touched his arm, as a sign to warn him to calm down. The last thing we needed was a fight between the team members.

"Max." Marc warned, and then turned to Kris. "Kris, maybe you should take your coat off and make yourself comfortable. This may take a while"

Kris, who had been just staring at me for the longest time, snapped back to reality. "Oh.. yeah sure."

He took his coat off, and handed it to me. "Just put it in that laundry closet over there." Max said pointing.

I walked over to the closet and opened the door. Something about it was familiar. As I hung up the coat and was walking out, it was as if a light had been turned on in my head... Memories of the past few days came flooding back. Kris' voicemail, the game at MSG, meeting Max, Sid and Marc-Andre, the plan, the flight here, Max... everything with Max.. Kris.. he texted me and told me he loved me..

"WAIT!" I said as I entered the living room where the four boys were sitting. "I remember... I remember everything.."

They all stared at me. "This is great!" said Sid. "It wasn't forever!"

"Boys, can you give Kris and I some alone time?" I asked. I had something I needed to ask Kris.

"Sure, we'll go in to the kitchen." Marc said. "Take as long as you need." Then he and Sid headed into the kitchen.

Max stopped at me before walking to the kitchen "Are you sure you're okay?" I nodded in reply. "Alright. You can do this. Just tell him how you feel, I know he can't resist you." He whispered into my ear, and then set off into the kitchen.

There was silence between Kris and I for a few minutes. He sat in the recliner looking a bit nervous. I don't think he was as nervous as I felt, however. I was standing opposite him, and pacing a bit.

"Alright, I'm just going to be blunt about this, and not beat around the bush. You called me, out of the fucking blue, to come see you at a game. I hadn't seen or heard from you in over three years. What's your motive? What do you want from me?" I asked.

I looked at me for a bit, then sighed. "I heard about what happened with you and Brandon. That shit wasn't right. It got me thinking.. and, I really miss you. This... what we had.. it was never over. Not really. It just wouldn't have worked out. But I don't care anymore.. I don't care about it not working out. I just.. I can't think about you without wanting to hold you in my arms. I know I fucking messed up, but I want to fix things." He said running a hand through his hair.

I just stared at him. I mean, I don't know how he found out that Brandon had cheated on me, or from who, but that wasn't his concern. Why all of a sudden did this matter now?

"But.. "I began, then sighed. "Why does it matter to you now?"

"Because, now that I've been with Amy and seen how miserable I am, it made me think of you and how happy you've made me."

"Yeah... but..." I shook my head. "Kris. Do you love me?

He stared at me for a minute. "I... Audrey. I mean..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooo cliffhanger! Okay, sorry it's been FOREVER and a half since I've updated, but here ya go!