Status: Updates: As fast as I can.

You Are All That I Have

Chapter 2: Terminate the Tanorexic

As I walked down the street towards Madison Square Garden, I was shaking. Not only was it about 20 degrees outside, but I was about to see him.. the boy I had loved since we became friends. I hadn't seen or talked to him in 3 years. Of course, I had watched some of the Penguins games on TV when they played the New York teams, and I had cheered him on. But this.. this was different. He had actually called me.

Hey Audrey.. It's me. Kris Letang.
I.. I know we haven't talked in a while,
but I recently found out that you now live
in New York City. Well.. we have a game in
New York on Saturday. And I was wondering..
well.. if you would come and we could go out later.
It would be nice to see you again. Believe it or not,
but I have missed you.


I kept replaying the message over and over in my head. It was great to hear his voice. I wonder if he's changed at all. I wonder if he still is in love with me.. I shook my head and walked into Madison Square Garden. I found my seat which was a few rows back from the Penguins bench. I waited anxiously for the Pens to come out of the locker room. Then all of a sudden there they were. Marc-Andre Fleury, Max Talbot, Jordan Staal, Mark Eaton, Evgeni Malkin, Sidney Crosby and then... it was him. #58, Kris Letang. I stood up and waved my arms like an idiot, just hoping he would see me. Just as I did, he looked up into the stands, and saw me. He smiled real wide and waved.

As the game began I was on the edge of my seat. I watched as Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin flew down the ice with the puck. SCORE! I cheered.
With 1:29 left to go in the third period, we were tied 2-2. I saw Kris fly down the ice, he took a wild slap shot at the goal and.. SCORE! All we had to do was hold onto this lead. As the game ended I decided to text Kris.

Hey! Great win!
Where do you want me to meet you?


I waited a bit and he texted back.

Meet me outside the player's entrance.
A bunch of the guys are coming too.
And there's someone I'd like you to meet.


I waited outside the player's entrance. I was shaking and my heart was racing. I was so nervous. Finally, I saw Sidney Crosby, Max Talbot, and Marc-Andre Fleury walk out of the door. They were all laughing and carrying on. But no Kris. I worked up my courage, and went up to them.

"Hi. My name is Audrey. Audrey Phyllis. I'm looking for-"

"Tanger? You're the girl he was talking about. He went to go pick up Amy, his girlfriend." Sidney Crosby cut me off.

My heart stopped. Amy, his girlfriend. Girlfriend? What?
"Oh." I said begining to feel the tears well up in my eyes.

"Are you alright?" Marc-Andre Fleury said touching my shoulder.

I nodded not looking up. What the hell was Kris playing at?
"So. Tang said you were going to come out with us? You are right?" Sidney said moving closer to me.

"I guess I can. I'm not really doing anything anyways." I shrugged.

"Wonderful! I am Max Talbot, and I will be your guide as we make our way through PARTY CENTRAL!" Max said grabbing my hand.

I laughed. Kris' friends seemed really nice. What the heck was his problem?

Suddenly, Marc-Andre's phone rang.

"Hello? Yes. The Hard Rock? Okay, see you soon." he then shut his phone and turned to us. "That was Kris. He said to meethim at the Hard Rock for dinner."

As we walked into the Hard Rock Cafe, my heart was pounding in my chest. I didn't want to see Kris and his new girlfriend. I didn't want to see them holding hands, and kissing, wishing it was me.

"Hey, Audrey, are you alright? You're like, pale." Max said pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah.. it's just Kris didn't mention he didn't have a new girlfriend. I thought he called me because he still liked me, and he said he missed me. It's just going to be awkward." I said quietly.

"Oh, he didn't tell you? Huh. Well, if you feel like you need to leave early, just tell me, I'll take you home." Max said.

"Sidney! Marc!" I heard a shrill female voice. I then saw a tan, skinny, blonde jump up and attack both of them with a hug. "How are you guys??"

I guessed her to be Kris' girlfriend. I hid behind Max.

"Fine." Sid and Marc both said trying to free themselves from her hug.

"Ah, Amy. You're looking as tanorexic as ever." Max said giving her a fake smile.
I laughed quietly. Amy ignored him.

"Come on Max, be nice. So did you guys find... Audrey!" Kris said noticing me, and pulling me into a tight hug.

It felt so nice to be in his arms again. I hugged him back, and we stood there for at least a minute.
Amy cleared her throat.

"Oh.. uh.. Audrey, this is.. um.. Amy." Kris said blushing.

"Hi." I said trying to smile.

She looked me up and down. "I'm his girlfriend." she said possessively.

I nodded. I already knew that. DUURR.
So we sat down and ate. Of course, Amy ordereda salad and water. Iordered a freaking cheeseburger. I wasn't watching my weight. Besides, I could eat all I wanted, and I haven't gotten any bigger. I have a bottomless pit for a stomach.

"So, how do you like New York?" Kris said as we started eating.

"Oh, it's really nice. How's Pittsburgh? How are your practices?" I asked, to all of the boys.

"Pittsburgh is nice. I like it there. Our practices are pretty intense." Sid said.

"At least you are the one getting hit with the puck! Maybe you should try being goalie next time, and I'll take shots on you!" Marc-Andre said laughing.

"But Fleury, you suck at shooting the puck!" Kris said.

"Now ladies, fight nice." Max scolded them jokingly.

I laughed. These boys were so funny. I looked over at Amy. She was glaring at Max, Marc-Andre and Sid. What the heck was her problem?

"Krisy. I want to go back to the hotel!" she whined.

"But Amy, I haven't seen Audrey in forever. I wanted to catch up with her." Kris said.

"I think you've caught up quite enough. I am your girlfriend, and I want to go back to the hotel." Amy said coldly.

"I guess I'll see you guys back at the hotel. Audrey.. it was great to see you again." Kris said sighing, and got up to pay his check.

"Okay Audrey. We have a mission for you." Sidney said as soon as Kris and Amy were out of earshot. "Are you up for it?"

I laughed. "Sure Sid, I guess. Even though I've known you three for about 2 and a half hours now."

"This is no laughing matter, little missy. This is serious business." Max said trying to sound serious, which just made me laugh more.

"Aw Max, now look what you've done." Marc-Andre said shaking his head."Audrey. Listen. We hate Amy. We need for Kris to dump her, and we think you can help us."

"She doesn't even care about Kris, or hockey. We think she's just with him so she can say she's dating someone famous." Sid said.

"So.. where do I fall into this plan?" I asked.

"You're going to make Kris fall in love with you all over again, and make him realize that Amy is a tanorexic bitch." Max said.

"Well.. what if I refuse?" I said smiling.

"I'll tickle you to death." Max replied with a serious face.

I laughed. "Okay, so how am I supposed to make him fall in love with me, when I'm in New York and he's in Pittsburgh?"

"You're going to move in with Max, in his house in Pittsburgh." Marc-Andre said. "It's not far from my house, so we can hang out if you want."

"What about my job?" I asked.

"We'll get you one in Pittsburgh. They can't say no to me. I'm Sidney Crosby." Sid said.

Max bursted out laughing. "Cute rhyme, Sid."

I laughed. "Okay. I'll do it. But we're not going to have sex, Max. Just telling you that now."

Now it was Sid and Marc's turn to laugh.

"You got shut down Max." Sid said.

Max actually blushed! "It's not like I was expecting anything anyways."

"So, do we have a deal?" Marc-Andre asked, returning back to business.

"Deal." and I shook each of their hands.

As we left the restaurant, we put Operation: Terminate the Tanorexic into effect.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my favorite chapter so far of this story. It's pretty funny.