Status: Updates: As fast as I can.

You Are All That I Have

Chapter 4: Meet Jacqueline

I laughed as I boarded the plane with Marc-Andre and Max. They had decided that because the Penguins have their own plane, it would be hard to hide me. So there I was, wearing a jet black wig, even though I had strawberry blonde hair, and posing as Marc-Andre's cousin. I looked ridiculous.

"Okay. You have the story straight? You are my cousin Jacqueline. You were in New York on business with the UN. You can speak french right? Because we might need your to hide your voice by faking an accent, or actually speak french." Marc-Andre said explaining everything.

"Of course I can speak french! I am French-Canadian, from Montreal. Dur." I said rolling my eyes.

"Alright, let's here something." Max said raising his eye brow smartly.

"Je peux parler français. Kris va mourir quand il me voit à Pittsburgh" I said.

"Alright. That works. He probably will crap his pants when he sees you. You saw him last night at the hotel. After you laughed like an idiot when you ran past him, he stood up and looked around like 'OMG. WHERE'S MY AUDREYYYYY?'" Max said.

I laughed. I thought about the text message he sent me shortly after I ran past. He told me he loved me. Even while we had dated he'd never told me that. I wonder if he was drunk..

"Hey, Audrey? Are you okay?" Max said nudging me.

"What? Oh, yeah I'm fine." I said taking my seat between Max and Marc-Andre.

"Hey, Fleur, Max, I thought you guys were bringing Audrey? Is she just meeting us there? ....And who is this?" Sid said sitting in the seat across from me.

"Bonjour, Monsieur Crosby." I said in a french accent.

Sidney looked confused, and cocked his head to the side. I smiled.

"Sid, it's me. Nice disguise eh?"

"Whoa yeah, I didn't even know it was you!"

Just then Kris came on to the plane. My heart practically stopped.

"Oh hey Tanger. Where's your woman?" Sid said.

"Ah, Amy decided to stay in the city for another day. She wanted to shop." Kris said. He then noticed me. "Oh hi, I'm Kris Letang."

"Kris, this is my cousin Jacqueline"Marc-Andre said. I smiled.

"So, what were you doing in the city Jacqueline?" Kris asked me as he took his seat next to Sidney.

I looked at Marc as if to ask him what Kris said. I asked if I should speak french or just use an accent. He said to try the accent.

"I was at the UN acting as a translator for the French ambassador, because his normal translator was sick." I said in my french accent.

"Oh, well that's cool." Kris said. He obviously bought that I was Marc-Andre's cousin.

I nodded, and rested my head on Marc-Andre's shoulder. Next thing I knew I was asleep.

"Excuse me. Miss Jacqueline... Jacqueline.. Audrey!" I heard a loud whisper.

My eyes snapped open.
"Ah, you're awake. I was wondering, um, could I have my shoulder back?" Max said from above me.

I squeaked. "Sorry!" I hadn't realized I had now used him as a pillow.

"It's fine. We're here."he said standing up.

I grabbed my bags and followed him out of the plane. We found Marc-Andre at his escalade.

"Do I still have to wear this itchy wig?" I asked as I got in the backseat.

"No." Marc-Andre said. "You're going to surprised Kris at the game tomorrow. Amy won't be back til Wednesday night. So you get him all to yourself for a day and a half. Make it count."

I felt my face get hot. The thought of Kris and I being alone together brought back so many memories. Memories that I had surpressed for a long time.

"Okay, so it's 3:30. We can go to my house, and unpack, then chill for a little bit. Or we can go out." Max said turning to look at me.

"Well, I think it would be safer if Audrey stayed out of the public eye until tomorrow. There's a chance Kris could see her." Marc said.

I nodded. "Let's go to your place Max."

He laughed "You know how many times I've heard that from women?"

Marc-Andre rolled his eyes. "None."

I laughed as we pulled into Max's driveway.

"Now I trust you two will behave. Especially you." he said looking at Max. "I'll see you two tomorrow."

Max and I walked into his house. I had no idea what I had gotten myself into allowing myself to be in a house alone with Maxime Talbot..