Status: Updates: As fast as I can.

You Are All That I Have

Chapter 7: Unexpected

I stared up at the ceiling as I laid in the bed next to Max. I couldn't get Kris out of my head. The look on his face when Max said we were dating. Why didn't run to him and tell him it was all lies? I shook my head. I knew the reason.
I was falling for Max Talbot.

I stayed perfectly still as Max turned in his sleep towards me. I looked at his sleeping face and had to surpress a laugh. He was so cute when he was sleeping. Maybe I should actually give this a chance with Max, at least for a little while. I mean what's the worst that could happen?

I glanced over at the clock. It was 5:30. I just decided to get up and take a shower. I could always take a nap later if I was tired. Right now, I just had too much on my mind.
I quietly got out of bed and tip toed over to the bathroom. I turned on the water, undressed and stepped in the shower. I let the warm water run over me, letting it wash away all my problems if only for a few minutes.

When I was finished, I wrapped the towel around me and went back into the bedroom. I figured Max would still be sleeping so I didn't bother to take any clothes with me into the bathroom. As I stepped out of the bathroom, I ran into Max who was still half asleep. I must've hit him with a great deal of force, because he proceeded to fall over, bringing me down on top of him.

"Well isn't this a good way to wake up." Max said laughing and hugging me.

"What the-? Max, why are you even up this early? And can you at least let me get up to put some clothes on? Too much temptation for you." I said trying to get up.

But Max held me down a little longer. "Well I just thought since we're "dating" now and everything..."

"Ew Max!" I said jumping up.

"I was just kidding." he said laughing. "Anyways, your phone woke me up. It vibrated. And it's like 6. It's a decent hour to be awake I guess. Besides, I have to piss."
And with that he went into the bathroom.

I ran over to check my phone.
There was a text from Marc-Andre.
Audrey, I need to tell you something. Call me when you get this.

I hurried up and dialed his number.

"Audrey, we have a problem." he said when he answered.

"What's going on?"

"Well, let's just say you were right."

"Right about what?" I said trying to remember what I had said.

"Kris did something we didn't expect." he paused and took a deep breath. "Last night, Kris proposed to Amy."

I dropped the phone, and my jaw dropped. I could hear Marc talking from the cell "Audrey? Hello? Audrey are you there?"

Max came out of the bathroom and looked from me to the phone and back at me. He then picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Max! Did Audrey tell you?" I could hear Marc-Andre's muffled voice.

"Tell me what?"

"Kris and Amy are going to get married."

Max furrowed his eyebrows. "What the fuck? You've got to be shitting me."

"Wow. Anyways, apparently after he left he went and propsed to her, because Audrey was unavalible. That's what TK told me."

"Damnit. What are we going to do?" Max said running his hand through his hair.

"You need to tell Kris that you and Audrey aren't dating. I think some members of the team are getting together at my house this afternoon. I'll make sure to invite to Kris. You can both tell him then." Marc's voice said.

I snapped back to reality, and grabbed the phone. "You think we can break this up?"

"Audrey? Wow welcome back." he laughed. "Well, we have to try.."

Max and I stared at each other. We caused this. Damnit.