March 21, 2013

War of the Worlds

At times I suffer from the strangest sense of detachment from myself and the world about me; I seem to watch it all from the outside, from somewhere inconceivably remote, out of time, out of space, out of the stress and tragedy of it all. -H.G. Wells.

These words from H.G. Wells speak to me so clearly. I find it quite ironic that I am reading War of the Worlds at a time when I feel my world is slowly coming to an end. I can connect so well with the Narrator’s thoughts and feelings. The adversity he faces forces him to be strong and courageous even when he feels he can no longer go on. This gives me a different perspective on my current situation. I must be strong and courageous in my actions and patient in others actions. I have to take everyday at a time, and not get too caught up in my emotions, or I may become weak and not be able to survive my battle. This book fills me with a lot of emotion and feeling, and I can start to feel a small spark flare up in body. I can feel my confidence boosting and my courage spreading throughout my veins. I feel stronger and more determined.

Maybe things won’t be so bad afterall?
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually just finished War of the Worlds and it wasn't too bad. The passage I put in was my favorite one out of the whole book.

Once again sorry it was short, I promise once my writers block is gone, the chapters will be longer.

Thanks,
RBL