March 21, 2013

Reasons and Emotions

As I walked back to Mrs. Charles’s room I felt the structure beneath me shake violently with the new found force the waves had acquired. This was nothing new. This shaking and rattling had been occurring for a couple days now, and the rain was coming down harder and harder everyday. I knocked on Mrs. Charles’s door and was greeted with her warm smile.

“Hello darling, are you here to pick up Ryan already?” she asked in a sweet tone.
“Yeah, I can’t stand being away from him for too long, or else, for some reason, I start to panic. It’s a very strange feeling actually, he’s not my natural born child but I feel this huge connection and overpowering love for him. Have you ever seen anything like this?”
“Honey, there are certain responsibilities that are thrown upon us at any moment in time, and at that time we may not know why these responsibilities are given to us. However, we are given these for a reason; they are given to us to change who we are and to make each person grow and learn the lessons of everyday life. So you see, Ryan has been miraculously put into your life for a reason no one can know of but you, and overtime you will see what this reason is.”

I was in utter shock at how wise a single human being could be. Each of her words sank into me, was written in my mind, and as I tried to process this insightful information, my eyes began to tear up with all the emotion I had been holding in. Everything that had happened in the past- the horrible way my parents, my friends, Giselle, and I had died- came soaring through my memory, and surfaced in my thoughts. I just stood there in the presence of a woman who looked at me with the most comforting eyes, who took me into her arms, and just held me as my tears cascaded down my entire body.

I gathered myself and grabbed Ryan from the bed and held him in my arms. His warm body heated up my helpless mind, and gave me the warmth I needed to rebuild who I was and what was happening around me. I thought I was doing so well in recovering from The Disaster and taking care of Ryan, but as I showed today I have a long way to go. I know there are reasons for everything in life, and I feel extremely lucky to have one in my arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its been a long time since my last update and I'm truly sorry. My life has been in a very awkward state for the past couple of months and I'm trying to figure it out. So I hope you enjoy the newest chapter.

Thanks,
RBL