Waking Up To Love

Commitment issues. Two of the most horrible words to enter my ears. Especially from your mother.

Divorced and remarried mother no less.

I'd always been 'one of the boys'. 'Except with tits' according to them. I grew up as a tom-boy. I wanted to climb dirt piles, ride bikes, and cause mischief as opposed to 'playing with dolls'. I never understood how one could 'play with dolls'.

Long story short: I befriended guys easily. Then hit that 'wow, I have a funny feeling about this one boy' age. That feeling that you all of a sudden look in the mirror and feel the need to brush your hair, try make up, etc. That feeling that leaves clothes scattered around your bedroom because nothing looks good on you. That feeling that you suddenly don't know how to act around said boy. I discovered make up and style. I found myself 'flirting'. All these new terms I never realized before. This made getting into a relationship rather troublesome. I went through grade school without a real boyfriend. I went through high school with only one brief boyfriend, and one confusing relationship. I went through college with no boyfriend at all. Just more confusing relationships. It's as if I were always asleep with relationships. Every time an interest came along, I hit the snooze button on the proverbial alarm clock trying to wake me up to love.
Okay so that was the opposite of 'long story short'.

Present day. I'm in a band. I am the front woman of Inflamed Serenity. I never thought I would actually be a rockstar. But here I am. And the rest of the band: yep, all members of the male persuasion. We hit it big pretty fast. It's overwhelming. But all of that aside: it took Jared Leto to be the alarm clock loud enough to wake me up. And I finally didn't hit the snooze button.

This is how I finally awoke from my slumber. Sun shining bright and a smile on my face ready to start the day.
  1. Thank You Jared Leto
    One night can change everything.