And We Looked so Good Together

2

The wedding went really well. Everybody was really startled and shocked to see Arlette showing up that late. But she and Gerard got married anyway, and he accepted her tardiness with absolute congeniality. And at the end of dinner, she successfully made an explanation in the wedding toast she made. And in the end of the day, everything went perfectly fine, until he showed up again. This time, he showed up at the worst time every bride could think of; when she was having her first dance with Gerard. Over his shoulder he appeared.

“So? Having fun aren’t we, Mrs. Gerard Way?” said Ronnie sarcastically as an opening. Arlette, who was laying her head on Gerard’s shoulder with her eyes closed, almost jumped out of Gerard’s arms. She glared at Ronnie, but it was impossible for her to say anything. “Oh and you’re dancing to this song. Wow. It’s Hard to Say isn’t really a lovey-dovey song, you know?” continued Ronnie as he is now throwing comments at the song they chose to dance to. The song was It’s Hard to Say by The Used. And he was true, it is definitely not a romantic love song, in fact, it isn’t even a love song. The song was written by Bert McCracken, the best friend and best man of Gerard. It was actually dedicated to his ex girlfriend who died with his seed in her. But this song was the song that brought Arlette and Gerard together. It was when The Used was playing this song in one of their concerts in New Jersey that night in October when Arlette met Gerard for the first time. “Oh, and I’m sorry, I’m not here to crash your wedding, really. But I’ve got to say, you look beautiful.” Said Ronnie again. He held Arlette’s hands that were holding Gerard’s neck, of course, Gerard couldn’t feel him, and then Ronnie kissed her hands, and then he kissed her forehead. And as he did so, Arlette couldn’t hold it anymore; she let her tears fall out of her eyes. Droplets of black hit her hands.

It’s hard to say that I was wrong
It’s hard to say I miss you
Since you’ve been gone it’s not the same
It’s hard to say I held my tongue
It’s hard to say if only
Since you’ve been gone I’m not the same


Arlette’s father is an owner of a couple of big recording studios, which explains why Arlette’s social intercourse revolves around bands and musicians. And Leigh as well, as her father is Arlette’s father’s partner. Arlette and Leigh have known each other since they were babies, but it wasn’t until high school that they got along and be best friends. Before high school, they hardly ever met each other, as they used to live far away from each other. Leigh’s father is English, which explains why Leigh’s childhood revolves around Europe. But when Leigh got into high school, her father decided to move to the states, as it is easier for him to access his studios, which are mostly located in the states. Leigh’s father also owns some studios in Europe, but they aren’t as big as the ones in the states. And it was from high school as well that Arlette met Ronnie. He had a band created together with his best friend, Max and their other friends; Bryan, Omar, and Robert. Max used to go out with Leigh, and that’s when Arlette got to get along with Ronnie. She was good friends too with Bryan, Omar, and Robert, but not as close as she is with Max and she was with Ronnie. Every Friday, Max and Ronnie would pick Arlette and Leigh up, and they would take the girls to Max’s garage to perform in front of them. When they turned into sophomores, Leigh’s father saw them perform at a school carnival and decided to sign them up. And when they were sophomores too that Arlette and Ronnie had it kicked off.

She is sobbing now; she just wishes that the song would come to an end soon. “Hey, hey, are you alright?” asked Gerard as he let go of his clasp to have a good look at his wife’s face, his hands are still around her waists. “I’m… f-fine… r-really.” She stuttered as her face is now flooded in tears. He is still there, standing behind Gerard, looking at her without any expressions. “Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked again as he gently grasps her wrists. “I… I…” she tried to explain something, but she couldn’t even talk properly now. “I need t-to t-talk t-to… M-Max.” she finally spat. Gerard stared at her for a while; she could see astonishment and disappointment in the corners of his eyes, as she requested to talk to Max, not him. But then he nodded a couple of times. “I understand.” He simply said. And then he kissed her forehead and let her go.

She walked across the dance floor and went to the tables, she found Max who was sitting alone with a glass of champagne in his hands. She looked over her shoulder. Ronnie was there behind her. She wiped her tears and slowly approaches Max. “Max? I need to talk to you.” She began. He was staring at his glass, hearing her voice; he automatically looked up to see her. But then he turned the other way and his blank expression changed. “What the hell are you doing here, man?!” he said, not to Arlette, but to the person behind her, who, she thought over the years, could only be seen by her. Obviously, she was wrong. “Y-you? You could see him too?” She asked in disbelief. Max jumped up. “Of course, I could see him, I’ve been talking to him all this time… he, you, what are you doing in her wedding, man?! That’s messed up!” Max said again as he constantly turns from Arlette to Ronnie. “Okay, Max, let’s just talk elsewhere.” Said Arlette as he grabs Max by the wrist and starts to drag him to the room where she had the first conversation with Ronnie.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know all the chapter descriptions don't have anything to do with the story in it, but... :p