Sequel: Holding On

Bat Country

Chapter Ten

To say I was shocked would be the wrong description. I was disgusted; disgusted by my own thoughts, disgusted by my own imaginary. At that point I was looking around everywhere but at Val and drank my beer eagerly.

Once I finished my beer and noticed all the others still didn't reach their half I got up to get myself another one. I think I received a weird look from Val on my way but I just couldn't look back at her; couldn't look in her eyes after what I saw.

I sat on some high chair next to the counter and asked for a beer bottle; as soon as I got it, I started drinking it quickly. The beer was finished way too soon causing me to get another one.

Half way through my beer a girl sat next to me, I looked at her; she was the one that got my attention earlier. Now that she was closer I could get more details of her; she had dyed red hair which suited her well, beautiful light blue eyes and gorgeous smile that would show her perfectly white teeth. She was wearing dark clothes and had her nails painted in dark purple, almost black. To be honest she was pretty damn hot.

After ordering a drink for herself she looked at me and smile; I smiled back and kept drinking my beer. "Someone is in a bad mood?" she asked me as she started drinking. "Uhh, just a bad day I guess; nothing that can't be taken away by some good alcohol" I lied and finished another beer bottle. I still didn't feel my mind getting any better though; I just didn't feel it being washed away. So I kept on drinking.

She either noticed I didn't feel like talking about it or decided it's better to drop the subject either way we ended up having a lovely talk; she was really into music apparently but not really into metal so we didn't have many bands in common but it was still nice. She told me a little bit about herself and I told her about me; apparently she was sitting with couple of her friends there at the bar, she's not even from Huntington Beach, they're doing a little 'round the U.S.A trip.

We got to know each other pretty good, except for the names. I had no idea what her name was and I don't think I've told her mine as well. But since we were so deep in our talk it'd be awkward for either of us to ask so I guess it doesn't even matter.

Our talk lasted few more minutes when I felt a hand on my shoulder; I looked to see who the hand belongs to and found Brian standing behind me "Dude, where the fuck have you been?" I held up my almost finished bottle as explanation but he didn't get it "I was just here drinking" I answered. "Oh okay. Uhh I just came to grab some more beers for us, are you gonna come back soon or something?" I nodded as an answer and got up. I mumbled to him to get a beer for me too as I finished the beer I had and waved to the girl before going back to our table.

The talk with the girl helped me forget about everything I was thinking about earlier but seeing Val filled me in guilt once again. I faked a smile as I sat next to her again; she looked at me confused "Why did it take you so long?" she asked as she wrapped her arms around me. "Uhh..." I really didn't know what to say. "Who was that girl?" she asked; I did not see that coming. "I don't really know" I said honestly; I heard her sigh but she let it go.

Still not able to look at her I looked over the counter, the girl was just getting up. Before going back to her friends she shot a smile to me; I nodded as an answer and she disappeared. I could see her face sadden a bit when she noticed Val and honestly couldn't care less. I kept my eyes on the girl until Brian came back with some more beers.

Thankful for the guy invented the beer I took mine from Brian's hand and started drinking another one. This time I didn't drink it as quickly as before; I drank it slow. I knew it won't affect me anyway; I was too worried I guess.

Time went by so slow. I honestly do no know where my thoughts were but it was not at the same place as my body was. I couldn't care less what they were talking about and didn't even try to fit in the conversation. All I wanted is to forget about my horrible thoughts but the more I wanted to forget about it the more I thought of it. Every now and then I looked at the red haired girl; whenever I did Val noticed it and seemed to be a bit colder but it went away as soon as I'd smile at her or kiss her.

After what seemed like forever Val got up and went to the bathroom. Once she was gone I looked once again at the girl; she was no longer there. Her friends were still there, I looked at the counter, no sign of her. My eyes went to the doors, and there I saw her going outside of the bar. Without thinking I got up and put the keys to the car on the table. "I'm going. Give that to Val." I said and left Brian and Michelle alone; obviously they didn't seem to mind as they've acted like I wasn't there anyway.

As I started going outside of the bar I swear I was not thinking. Man, I was not ready to what was waiting for me and what was about to happened but I couldn't control myself. I can't explain how I let this happen but I'm not gonna lie; I did enjoy it…for the most part.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it took me a whole week to update again. Hope you like this; don't be afraid to comment! ;)