Sequel: Holding On

Bat Country

Chapter Twenty

I pinned her to the wall and let my fangs grew; hungry, I smelled her neck and knew there's gonna be a delicious meal. Just when I opened my mouth and was ready to bite her I heard a sound; it was close.

Out of fear I turned around as quickly as I could, full of fear that someone would know what I was about to do. My mouth was closed and eyes widened as I saw the person that was standing in front of me. Two seconds of staring into each others' eyes passed before she turned around and started running. Without thinking I ran after her.

Few steps from there I caught up with her and stopped her from running, I held her and looked into her eyes, they were filled with tears and I tried to understand what she thought she saw.

In her eyes I could see sadness and disappointment. I never ever meant to hurt her. "Listen I ha-" I started talking but the look in her eyes shut me up. "Just let me go" she said with a shaky voice. I wanted to tell her something, to make her stay, to explain; but the hunger inside me just grew and I knew it was not safe for her to stay around me. My arms slipped from her and were hanging from my body as she turned around and ran away. I love you I whispered and prayed that it won't be the last time I will tell her those words.

Slowly I walked back to where I was earlier, finding the girl from the bar standing there confused. "Now what the fuck was that?" she asked crossing her arms. I rolled my eyes and run to her, biting her neck without any warning. I drank just to satisfy my hunger. Once I knew I've drunk enough to resist Val I let go of the random girl and ran back to my car, not even bothering to check on the girl.

On my way home I thought of nothing but getting there before Val does; I drove faster than I ever did and when I got back home I was actually thankful for still being alive. Jumping out of the car I ran into the house. Val seemed that she didn't get here yet. First thing I did was to wash my teeth and mouth, and then went for a smoke.

After I was done with those I tried to watch TV but it was helpless I couldn't help but worry about Val. I sat on the couch thinking of her and what she saw. I must have looked like a freak that is going to eat her! That…that is what I am now, isn't it? Only now I realize what I've been doing and wanting. I realized that maybe I am not…I'm not…A human? I sat on the couch shocked from realizing how wrong it is to drink blood and how damn sick it is. What the fuck is going on with me?

I tried to think of what happens with me and why I was acting like this, I tried to figure out stuff but all I could think of is Val. I was terrified from her reaction. I know that we've had a lot of fights before and we've gone through every single thing together but this time…I don't know. If she knows, that's it. It's over. She will never want to be with me knowing what I do at nights. She will hate me, I'm sure about that. I don't want her to hate me. I don't want to lose her.

Nervously I sat and waited for her. Time was passing by and I just became more and more afraid. I tried to think of ways to explain it all to her but couldn't come up with anything. Every now and then I would go outside and smoke; after three times I got sick of going outside and just smoke at home. It took her so long; I started fearing that maybe she isn't coming back. I have no idea what I will do if she will never come back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shorter than usual, sorry ^^"
This one goes to Adeline/Silly_France because she was the only one to comment the last two chapters! Thanks for all the support from you ^^ <3
And all the others that reads and never comment or sometimes comment, just thanks for reading it and all, it really means a lot to me.

Hopefully you'll all like this one as well!